Another Recovered Desk Chair

My desk chair has spent a number of years in an outdoor storage locker and had gotten rather tattered and grimy before I finally brought it home last spring. I removed the original fabric and used it as a pattern. The fabric is woven, so I cut it on the bias for a bit of stretch to help the fit. As with the original, cording is threaded through the underside to hold the fabric taut on the seat and armrests, with less than perfect results.

The before:

A non-shedding critter helps to keep real fur and claws off the chair when not in use.

11 Likes

Nicely done! We have a chair around here somewhere that could use recovering. Hmmm…

1 Like

It looks really nice! The subtle print of the new fabric is pretty.

1 Like

You’re a whiz with recovering these chairs!

1 Like

The fabric print is so small that is looks like it was the original from the chair! I would never have guessed it was recovered. Great job!

2 Likes

I think you did an amazing job on this. I like the fabric you chose better than the original, too.

1 Like

You’re like a magician when it comes to recovering chairs. This one looks so difficult and I never would have known it wasn’t brand new when looking at it!

1 Like

Thanks. I have even more recovered chairs - I seem to be on a chair ‘kick’!

1 Like

That looks great, very pro!

1 Like