Another zipper pouch

I’m still sticking to little projects as I clean up my craft area so I made another hanaco handicraft style pouch. This one is a roomy little semi circle. Made from my own spoonflower printed design and some scrap pink I had laying around for the liner.

Zipper from Diaso down the street - a pack of 4 pastels for $1.50.

Bottom

24 Likes

I love the shape on this. Do you have a pattern or link to one?

Here you go! https://youtu.be/sKAXJ0xVxxM

1 Like

Cute! There’s something about that fan-shape that really works with your print

1 Like

This turned out really cute!

1 Like

What a sweet little pouch! I just watched the video- I didn’t quite get what the purpose of the hand stitching on the inside of the pouch was for (not the hand top-stitching on the lining). Was it just to keep the the seam up near the zipper in place? Or was it down by the gusset? I couldn’t tell exactly where that stitching was.

Cute! Your fabric is simply darling. What weight did you have it printed in?
I have a similar but, I think, easier tutorial on the computer at home. I’ll add a link when we get back from camping for comparison. I understand all that handstiching but there are techniques that are a bit less work with equally nice results.

1 Like

Cute!

1 Like

yep - to keep all the seam allowances from poofing up and the zipper smoothed out. I skipped it.

1 Like

THANKS! I got the least expensive fabric as a cheater quilt to get print tests of my designs. I think “Petal Signature Cotton”

Thanks! I don’t think I’d do all of the interior hand stitching, either.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Zipper Pouch is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

2 Likes

thank you!!

Very cute and neatly done. Kudos on using fabric you designed yourself too!

2 Likes

This is so pretty! I’ve never seen a small pouch in this shape and like it–and the fabric you chose–very much. Nicely done.

1 Like