Anyone else doing The Sketchbook Project?

I did one years ago. It was fun!

5 Likes

It’s a definite “ooh, one more” type of place!

I wanted to do the mini sketchbook series this year, but I have had a mix of commitments and rocky health, so I just think it would be too much to add. I was thinking I would fill one of the images of my stamp carvings. It would also posh me to carve more to fill the space.

2 Likes

Yeah, I started thinking about using this in combination with stamps, so at least the stamps would stay with me. Maybe when I have made some more stamps…

1 Like

Well, that’s my sketchbooks done and sent off to Brooklyn.

Irritatingly, they’ve just extended the deadline to February 15 (it was originally this Saturday). I do feel like I rushed to get things done in time and another week to add shading / colour would have helped. But hey, I guarantee that I’d be saying the same thing with extra time too!

And I start my picturebook illustration class at ECUAD this weekend, so I’m glad to get this project finished and (metaphorically) clear my desk for homework :smiley:

3 Likes

The Sketchbook Project has come to an end. If you want to request your book(s) back, you can do so by Friday ONLY! The Sketchbook Project

I did mine many years ago with Cster. Going to search to see if they have mine. They was a fire in the collection February of last year, so it may be gone. They lost approx 7k books in the fire.

4 Likes

Here’s the search re: fire books:

If you are wondering the status of your book from last years fire, you can search on our new dashbaord here: https://brooklynartlibrary.org/dashboard

It’s so sad. I’ve already asked for mine to be returned - one survived the fire, the other one is unknown.

3 Likes

Received a refund and this email. “This does mean that your sketchbook did perish during the fire in Baltimore.” So sweet and sad.

Your order from Brooklyn Art Library / The Sketchbook Project has been refunded. We were unable to locate your sketchbook in our safe or damaged collection. This does mean that your sketchbook did perish during the fire in Baltimore. We are so sorry for this loss and know that nothing can replace the time and effort given to create your sketchbook

We are no longer accepting new orders for The Sketchbook Project. As of 1/10/2023 we are shutting down. Please read the letter at brooklynartlibrary.org for more information.

So sad :cry:

I got both of mine back and I’ve been messaging people on Instagram who bought their sketchbooks just before they closed. A couple said that they hadn’t seen the news and were just about to post theirs off.

Sorry @sweets4ever. Maybe you can recreate or reinvent the book?

Aww, I’m glad they got to keep theirs after all. Hopefully someone will start a Part 2 some day. It was such a fun project!