Apple Pie with Graham Cracker Crust

This year I finally remembered pi day in time to make a pie! I didn’t feel like making a traditional pie crust, so I found a recipe that used a graham cracker crust:

My finished pie:

I made a few changes:

• I used 11 graham crackers for the crust, which ended up being a little more than the 1 1/3 cups of crumbs that the recipe asked for, but I used all of them anyway.
  • I brushed the crust with an eggwash before baking (I think you’re only supposed to use the egg white, but I accidentally used the whole egg & it turned out fine).
  • I used 4 granny smith apples & 2 gala apples.
  • I left out the cardamom because I didn’t have any.
  • I only used 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) for the crumb topping.

Cutting up the apples:

Before baking:

A slice:

It turned out really well & I’ll probably use the recipe again!

10 Likes

OMG that looks delicious! I usually forget about pi day until item’s too late. Congrats on catching it.

1 Like

Oh, yum! I find making pie crust fiddly, and this sounds like a great alternative.

1 Like

Oh, yeah. This sounds GOOD! Yum!

1 Like

That looks absolutely scrumptious!

1 Like

That looks soooo good! The perfect treat for pi day (and pretty much any other day in my opinion :wink:)!

2 Likes

Yummy looking and Yay for Pie Day!

2 Likes

Thank you all! :smiley:

Wow, that looks tasty!

1 Like

Looks super yummy!

1 Like

That looks incredible, absolutely going into my recipe pile. We’re doing Easter dinner this weekend at my Aunt’s and I’ve been thinking about dessert. This one is the winner.

1 Like

:smiley: I hope you enjoy it!

This looks fantastic! The graham cracker crust for an apple pie is actually genius. Why did I never think of that? And then the crumble topping?? drool

1 Like