Aqua Blue Crochet Dishcloths--F&T 2020 Q1 Contest Entry

I received this beautiful aqua blue yarn in my very last swap on Instagram before I deleted my account.

I’ve been trying to decide what to make, and when this challenge came up, I decided that even though cotton yarn is stronger for dishcloths, I would use it.

I found this pattern on Ravelry.

Over the course of several hours this evening, I crocheted a pair.

Thanks for looking!

17 Likes

Very pretty color, and a fancy-looking stitch. Nicely done!

1 Like

I like the pattern you chose. I’ve done similar patterns and that makes a good dishcloth. Pretty color too!

1 Like

Pretty! I’m such a sucker for anything this colour at the moment!

1 Like

Pretty color and pattern…will the wool hold more water than cotton or absorb it more? I know they make diaper covers out of wool because it is so absorbent…hmmm…you will need to let us know how they compare to the cotton.

1 Like

Beautiful yarn! And thank you for participating in the challenge!!!

1 Like

Ooh, those are pretty!

1 Like

Very nice! What a beautiful color.

1 Like

I love that color and the stitch! So pretty.

1 Like

@AIMR I’ll let you know!

Ok, so I had the chance to use them today.

They are very soft and smooth when wet. I like the feel, but it’s not a great feel for dishcloths…maybe better for a washcloth?

They also stretch quite a bit when wet.

So, overall, while it looks pretty and is functional as a washcloth, this wool was not a better choice than cotton.

1 Like

The color is lovely! Great job!!

1 Like

Hey Friends! There’s just a few more hours left to vote in this challenge. You can vote in the Fiber & Textile Spring Greening Challenge.

And while you’re at it, why not stop by and vote in the Decorative & Functional Spring Cleaning with a Twist Challenge which closes tomorrow, and the Art Miniaturize My Craft Challenge, which closes Tuesday.**