Aqua Blue Crochet Dishcloths--F&T 2020 Q1 Contest Entry

I received this beautiful aqua blue yarn in my very last swap on Instagram before I deleted my account.

I’ve been trying to decide what to make, and when this challenge came up, I decided that even though cotton yarn is stronger for dishcloths, I would use it.

I found this pattern on Ravelry.

Over the course of several hours this evening, I crocheted a pair.

Thanks for looking!

18 Likes

Very pretty color, and a fancy-looking stitch. Nicely done!

1 Like

I like the pattern you chose. I’ve done similar patterns and that makes a good dishcloth. Pretty color too!

1 Like

Pretty! I’m such a sucker for anything this colour at the moment!

1 Like

Pretty color and pattern…will the wool hold more water than cotton or absorb it more? I know they make diaper covers out of wool because it is so absorbent…hmmm…you will need to let us know how they compare to the cotton.

1 Like

Beautiful yarn! And thank you for participating in the challenge!!!

1 Like

Ooh, those are pretty!

1 Like

Very nice! What a beautiful color.

1 Like

I love that color and the stitch! So pretty.

1 Like

@AIMR I’ll let you know!

Ok, so I had the chance to use them today.

They are very soft and smooth when wet. I like the feel, but it’s not a great feel for dishcloths…maybe better for a washcloth?

They also stretch quite a bit when wet.

So, overall, while it looks pretty and is functional as a washcloth, this wool was not a better choice than cotton.

1 Like

The color is lovely! Great job!!

1 Like

Hey Friends! There’s just a few more hours left to vote in this challenge. You can vote in the Fiber & Textile Spring Greening Challenge.

And while you’re at it, why not stop by and vote in the Decorative & Functional Spring Cleaning with a Twist Challenge which closes tomorrow, and the Art Miniaturize My Craft Challenge, which closes Tuesday.**

I just want to update that after posting this in February, and apparently using one dishcloth more than the other, that this yarn ends up felting which in turn makes these much more useable as dishcloths!

2 Likes

I also like the denser cloths…I am surprised that the superwash wool felted! Good to know!

I was pleasantly surprised, too.

1 Like