Arizona Monsoons

I grew up in Ohio, so Arizona monsoon season still swoons and mystifies me – even after living here for over five years now.

We live in Phoenix, but near the outskirts, so we can quickly get to nature. This view is less than five minutes from my house. :heart_eyes: Took this in June when the monsoons were nearly a daily occurence.

15 Likes

We used to come to arizona just to see the monsoon. Now its our favorite part of living in tucson!

1 Like

:heart:

Guests always come visit us during monsoon season and/or in the fall to go up to Sedona.

1 Like

I miss living in Phoenix. The monsoon season was my favorite time of year. I remember waiting impatiently once the season officially started for the first big storm. Our last year there was more of a non-soon season, sadly. I want to move back someday.

You are so lucky to live so close to such pretty views. We lived right by the airport off Van Buren the last few years we were there. You could see the control tower from our apartment balcony.

1 Like

:exploding_head: OMG what an impressive sight!! :exploding_head:

1 Like

I love the monsoons too! Arizonans love the rain (at least most of us do) because we don’t get a whole lot of it until the monsoons show up.

@storerboughtcreation COME BAAAAAAACK!! :hugs:

2 Likes

Looks like a calendar!

1 Like

The first year we lived here, it was AMAZING. Then there were a couple dud years. This year finally was back in action. There was one almost every evening! You would have loved it.

1 Like

I vote for this!

1 Like

Gorgeous photo!!

1 Like

Thank you so much!