Art and nerd themed plastic canvas pieces

Two years ago, I started making some plastic canvas pieces to offer in the Nerd Games raffle. The raffle didn’t happen, then Craftster closed down, and I forgot about the pieces. I came across the ones I had finished and decided to add a few more to the mix and share them as a raffle prize in the current season of the Nerd Games (the season just started, and there is a raffle going… You earn tickets by posting projects, and anyone is welcome to join!).

I think these would make a fun bunting to hang in a craft room but I have left them separate, so they could be used for other purposes as well. Some of these would even work as a bookmark (like the nerd and glasses pieces).

I’d like to add that the sewing machine square I made using an image from someone’s old crafter project. They modified another pattern they’d found (if I remember correctly), and I preferred their version). I can’t remember who made the square, so if my sewing machine looks familiar, let me know! I’d like to give you my thanks!

23 Likes

Ohh, I love them! Especially the glue, that is such a classic look.

3 Likes

Love them. These are IRL badges :grinning:.

4 Likes

Oh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love all of them but the sewing machine is my favourite!

2 Likes

Wonderfully crafty and nerdy. Perfect for this crowd. :smile:

2 Likes

LOOOOVE this!

2 Likes

These are all so great!

2 Likes

Hey these are really great :grinning: I have some plastic canvas lying around. Have you used embroidery thread here?

2 Likes

On these ones, I used worsted weight yarn and a craft needle. But this is the larger grid plastic canvas, size 7 I believe. There are sheets with smaller squares that I have used embroidery floss on before, and it worked well. For this size canvas, the floss wouldn’t be thick enough.

Also, generally on plastic canvas you only do a half stitch (come up in one corner, go down in the opposite, and don’t cross back over). I chose to do a full cross stitch, because I like how it looks more. It does make a much bulkier project, but it looks fuller and feels sturdier to me.

4 Likes

These are great! So excited they are in the Raffle! I really love the art pallete one!

3 Likes

I love these! They are all great but the painter’s pallet really jumps out to me :smile: They would make cute ornaments too

2 Likes

Super cute! Go, crafty nerds!! :mega:

2 Likes

Those look really fun!

2 Likes

I cannot pick a favorite! But so much work!

2 Likes

The scissors are my favorite. You picked such a fun theme!

2 Likes

OMG super cute!! I love the sewing machine best but they’re all wonderful!

1 Like

These are delightful!

1 Like