Art envelope swap - Rainbows

I entered the Elevated Envelope swap and the theme this time was “rainbow”. I struggled a bit, couldn’t make up my mind on what to do.

Finally I was intrigued by a craft made by @roler & asked her to show me how she carves her own stamps. I made a few ink bottle stamps, including one that has spilled, and then colored them in a rainbow of colors. I mailed them off & have huge fears everyone else is going to be professional artists or such! LOL

In progress:

25 Likes

They have a bit of a graffiti vibe - they look really cool.

2 Likes

Very cool envelope!

1 Like

Decorated envelopes! Awesome! Your stamps turned out great!

1 Like

These turned out really cool! I love the old wood-cut look of the stamps, but with contemporary coloring!

1 Like

Very cool! Love that you made your own stamps.

1 Like

These are lovely! I have done this swap before and the participants run the gamut - tinkerers and “real” artists. I would be delighted to receive one of these!

1 Like

It’s been so long since I did Elevated Envelope … last time I did a paper collage & felt good about it, this time I really stretched myself & it feels awkward. LOL

1 Like

Bummer, not sure how I missed this round, I thought I was set up to receive email notification.

1 Like

I will ping you next time it runs, to make sure!

1 Like

Ooh, I love these!

1 Like

:metal: :zap: :boom: Oh, my giggles! Your great craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :metal: :zap: :boom:

1 Like

Awww thank you!

1 Like

I love envelope art. These are fun!

1 Like

OOO, I love your technique and style. Very graphic and bold. And the colors make them pop. Well done.

1 Like

Hey @Cindy , just saw this note about the next Elevated Envelope swap - I will poke you when i see it kicking off, just in case you don’t get a notification.

“The Elevated Envelope will return soon!

And we already have a theme… Think deep, dark, underwater, blue, sea creatures, uncontrollable, earth… because our next exchange theme is: :ocean: OCEAN .

We start in early 2024.”

1 Like

Thanks for keeping me updated.

Great job on the stamp carving! The spilled ink stamp was so creative!

1 Like

What a great idea! I love it! ❤️