Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

Ooh that looks good, I love it. Who was that session with?. I have to check out that video.

2 Likes

Sarah Trumpp for the faces. We made little pockets in the Ali Manning session so I borrowed your idea and made one for my puzzle pieces.

1 Like

I love yours! I ended up going too far with markers for the hair for mine, so I wound up semi-burying it in the next collage lesson. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

I love how your page turned out, it’s very bright and cheery.

1 Like

I was expecting to hang out and craft for a few hours and it’s already been 12 hours! Going to log off for the night and hopefully catch the morning sessions.

@Smmarrt thank you for posting about the artsy marathon, it’s been so much fun!

2 Likes

Always glad to have friends join the crazy train!

2 Likes

Y’all look like you had lots of fun yesterday. Kinda wish I could have joined in but I hope to do some of the videos tomorrow afternoon.

@edel and I on right now! We’re doing watercolor flower doodles now then I think short break and a few more lessons

I’m still board gaming lol.

1 Like

It’s a new year everyone!

Let’s move our conversations over to the new 2022 art journal thread

3 Likes

I got up at 4:45 so I could catch the last few hours of the marathon this morning. I’m loving the watercolor doodling. Here are a few pics from this morning’s lessons (posting here since it’s a continuation from last night).

And I couldn’t resist doing another face

I’m exactly half way though the journal I made and am planning to use the rest of it to do the other lessons once they’re posted and play around with some of the techniques.

8 Likes

Very nice. I really love those faces, I’m impatient to watch that video.
Thanks @Smmarrt for the heads up on the marathon, it was excellent and a great way to start the year.

Going to switch to the new thread now

4 Likes

@Smmarrt thank you so much for recommending that marathon! I waffled on whether to join in or not up until the last minute, and it ended up being so fun. Best money spent in 2021, I’d say.

I can’t wait to go back and catch up on the sessions I missed (and maybe redo some of the ones I wasn’t able to succeed at previously, now that I’ve found my watercolors and not just the watercolor crayons!). Hmmmm maybe a 2022 resolution for more of this kind of thing. I saw someone who did 12 tags for 12 months, which seems very attainable.

2 Likes

I’m planning a fabric collageýquilt piece basted on this as inspiration @geekgirl if that is ok. I love this

2 Likes

Absolutely! I’m flattered my page is the inspiration!

3 Likes

Replying to the ‘old’ thread to ask - has anyone received the links to the recordings from the Artsy Meetup Marathon? I’ve been keeping an eye out for them but haven’t seen anything come through. I’m wondering if these ‘live’ somewhere that I’m supposed to go and find them at.

Not yet. I think she said they’d be out by this afternoon. I’m hoping earlier because I’m off today and wanted do play.

2 Likes

I think she said she’d send an email to us about them

1 Like

I loved this page but had no idea what to do with it so I cut it up and made it into an ATC for @pioneer9!

8 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge