Inspired-Along Challenge

Link for voting is here

:paintbrush: :yarn: :sewing_needle: :thread: :socks: :art: :framed_picture: :books: :memo::paintbrush: :yarn: :sewing_needle: :thread: :socks: :art: :framed_picture: :books: :memo:

One of the great features of lettucecraft is all of the craftalongs. They are places where you can get and give inspiration, share patterns and techniques, and receive buckets of encouragement. Participating in a craft-along is also a lot of fun as it is a great way to get to know people who share your particular obsessions. Or the case of the happy mail and Use it or lose it, a sharing and caring gift-along you just get to know some pretty darn special folk. There are a lot of craftalongs here, these are just some of them.

paper and mixed media craftalong
Art journaling craftalong
Quiltalong
Harry Potter Craftalong
The nerd games
Stitch along until the end of time
50 projects for 2022
Craft this in your style
Mend and maintainalong
2022 destash along
Easter craft-along
wheel of the year
shawl-along
Sockalong
Use the good stuff

Your mission for this challenge is to post any item that you have been inspired to make and share as a result of one of the craftalongs here
For example:

• A set of quilted placemats you were inspired to create based off the Quiltalong’s Block of the Month
  • an ATC series you created for the Happy Mail Craftalong
  • a windchime created to fulfill the HPC’s Flying prompt for this term.

The Rules:

• You must post it in the relevant craftalong and tell us which one it is.
  • Tag someone that gave you help or inspiration in the craftalong.
  • if you have used a pattern, please credit it.
  • Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on May 1st, 2022.

The winner of The Inspired-Along Challenge will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the relevant Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- Inspired-along challenge 2022 Entry” (example: scrappy pieced placemats, - Inspired along challenge 2022 Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on may 2-10, 2022.
  • The winner will be announced on may 11 - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!

22 Likes

So fun! The craftalongs are one of my favorite things about LC!

5 Likes

Oooh, this is exciting! Also I love all the craftalongs that are always a great source of inspiration. If you’re ever bored, scrolling through the old posts is a lot of fun.

4 Likes

Fun way to get the word out about all our wonderful Craft-a-longs!

4 Likes

What a fun idea! My crafting mojo has been non-existent the last several weeks, maybe this will help spark something!

4 Likes

What a wonderful Challenge! I can’t wait to see what everyone has been inspired to make by their -Alongs. Thank you for hosting this awesome event @Edel!

1 Like

Fun, but not already posted in it’s own post…awww, I’m always quick to post. Now I’ll have to be creative again! Boo hoo.

1 Like

I have been doing just that lately whenever I can’t sleep! It made me pretty dang happy so I was also hearting everything along the way. You know what happened? I ran out of hearts! Bahahaha, I love you all too much, it broke the system :laughing:

9 Likes

Muaha ha ha… all part of my diabolical plan rubbing hands together gorgeous

8 Likes

Here’s my inspired along entry:

6 Likes

Still working on my entry!

2 Likes

Entered! Yay!

4 Likes

Excellent stuff x

Great entry :grin:

I need to get a move on and write up my entry post! We’re all finishing up our covid experience here so maybe I’ll have my act together soon…

1 Like

Here’s my entry!

Rainbow charm baby quilt - Inspired-along challenge 2022 Entry

The Quiltalong ladies have really helped me along with quilting! Quilting is one of my favourite crafts but I’m not that good at it, because it’s not popular where I live so I don’t have easy access to a lot of resources or materials. And the ladies in the few local quiltshops that we have are often quite dismissive about modern styles of quilting. Even though I made my first quilt when I was literally in school and have been a member of this community since 2006, I have learned more about quilting in the LC Quiltalong than in the 15 years before that. Last year @AIMR generously sent me bunch of quilting supplies, including a 1/4 inch foot and the charm pack that I used for this project.

8 Likes

Fantastic @Immaculata it looks wonderful

1 Like

Here is my entry! I hope i followed the rules correctly…

This was actually inspired by two alongs, the “stitch along to the end of time” and the Destash-along. I combined both April themes into one project. It was so much fun to do a no rules, no expectations, just-for-me-for-fun project.

7 Likes

I made a challenge thing!

7 Likes

@Camelama and @megwell great entries x