Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

Yes! I will be there. Hey @Bel, art journal session coming up :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ll try that next time I want to try! Thanks :slight_smile:

Boo…I will be at the shore. Hopefully things settle down a bit for me this fall. I am missing the zooms, and really like this page!

1 Like

I want to sit in on a session and figure this journaling thing out but this Sunday we are visiting grand daughter 1.

I hope you can join sometime! We watch the video and pause throughout so people can craft along. A 15-30 min video usually ends up being a 1.5-2 hour zoom. I watch the video beforehand on 2x speed so I can get a sense for what we will be making and I can pull out all of the supplies I’ll need before we start.

2 Likes

I think I might try drawing a face as well. I dug up these old posts of yours with helpful links on how to draw faces (not sure if these videos are linked else where, maybe we could add them to the resources at the top?).

Sketch a simple girl’s face

Dina Wakely - How to draw artistic faces

2 Likes

I linked them in the first post!

1 Like

I love that Dina video (just watched it now) lucky I have some handy gelli printst to draw on tonight :wink:

1 Like

My journals from Ex Libris Anonymous got here today!!!

Check out the packing materials!!! :heart_eyes:

Strips from book pages and hardcover spines :grin: You know I’ll have to find something cool to do with these!

Oh, and the journals are cool too :wink:

The larger one was a library book and there are stamps from people checking it out from 1963 - 1986. These are seriously cool and so worth the money :heart: White paper inside with pages from the book mixed in. So awesome!

ok… please return to your regularly scheduled craftalong :wink:

13 Likes

Those are perfect!! And so many strips…You know what to do…

2 Likes

They’d make a really cool new book cover!

1 Like

I ordered from them too after I saw your reference.

The shipping to Canada was only $1, not sure how this fellow makes any money.

1 Like

Hahaha I had to go back and re-read your message after I couldn’t find where to order “paper shreds” on their site :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

LOL …but I’m seriously thinking about ordering more just for the scraps! :rofl: I should leave a review to let him know how much I loved the packing :heart:

2 Likes

Ooh nice! the paper strips would work great for quilling, just saying :wink:

Working on my face for tomorrow’s zoom. I drew her on tissue paper with pencil then went over with a waterproof pigma brush and erased all of the pencil.

6 Likes

I just picked up a book of Tamara de Lempicka’s painting, your face has similar eyes, how cool!

I wish I could take credit but I followed the Toni Burt face drawing tutorial from above. Drawing is not my strong suit :slight_smile:

Oh, me either. I am dreadful at illustration. However you make it, it’s something you made though so celebrate! It looks great.

1 Like

Alisa Burke has a bunch of her art journal classes on sale this weekend for $10. I got her 12-month series. Just in case anyone is interested here’s the link:

5 Likes