Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I especially love the “Use your hands”…but they are all very fun and creative looking…you guys are really working the classes…I need a whole afternoon (maybe tomorrow!) to chill and do a few pages!

Please tell me I’m not the only one who apparently can’t overlap shapes without it looking like she’s having an episode. I managed to get a base I liked, but holy gee.

I can’t wait to see what you do.

She did say color…

Done with Sharpie, gel pen, magic markers in varying states of dried-upness, and highlighter.

And the shapes one, all in colored pencil.

6 Likes

Love the color and black and white ones especially!

I just finished today’s. “Paint over shapes”

8 Likes

Oooo!!! Fun!

I love looking at everyone’s pages - so free and playful!

I’m catching up - I spent some time last night prepping lots of pages in a sketchbook with leftover paint, and started the first prompt. I think focussing on process and forgetting about the result is going to be good for me.

I haven’t done any of the prompts. But I’ve enjoyed watching it unfold here!

1 Like

I second what JC said. I still need to get some prompts done, but have been working on craft room organization and swap packages. After I get a little further with my swap packages, I’ll definitely do some catching up!

1 Like

I did several of the prompts this weekend. Not totally caught up yet

8 Likes

I love your final black and white as well!

I might just skip ahead to that one.

I was thinking the same thing…the black and white is striking…I want to do that one…

I agree with everyone else about your black and white. Some of the small marks make me think of birds.

@LuckyXIIICreations, I like the organic shapes in your paint-over.

2 Likes

I’m not going to be able to participate, as my life is all about packing right now-one move done and the second one in two weeks fingers crossed. But I’m loving seeing what you all are doing. Particularly the black and white.

3 Likes

I love your overlapping circles!!

Here are some of my most recent pages from Chasing Freedom. I went over the finger painting spread and the connect with color spread for some of these.

And the words…the first says “May The Force Be With You, Always” and the second was my kids’ names.

8 Likes

I really like these! And I’m totally going over my color one at some point too.

2 Likes

These organic shapes are just wonderful!

2 Likes

I did a small-scale version of the paint out letters one, using a Sharpie over a piece of my shapes exercise. I’m blurring the photo because I’m planning to use this as the base for the ATC I owe curiousfae in the Ongoing ATC Swap (so Kelli, don’t peek if you don’t want a partial spoiler).

5 Likes