Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

This is a junk journal I made earlier this year - it is a wallpaper-covered hardback. I gutted it and inside there are 4 signatures of painted and junk papers. The end papers were double-page spread so I was able to cut and paste them back in.

So I’m going to try to partipate in #JunkJournalJuly hosted by @megjournals on Instagram and YouTube. The first prompt is “Welcome.”

And two detail shots

I joined after the first of July so I’ll be finishing some more pages tonight and tomorrow.

10 Likes

It’s awesome!

That’s a fun page! I’m off to go look at this craft along challenge

1 Like

Hi All - I am just jumping into this craftalong with encouragement from @AIMR Because the thread is so long, I hope you forgive that I have only gone back about a month to read some of the entries before posting (I’ll be going back to the beginning and read now :slight_smile: )

I am very new to art journaling - this is one of my first 10 pages. The book I am using is an 8x10" 1937 dictionary volume I picked up at an estate sale for $1. I am looking forward to improving with time.

This page is made from ephemera that was sent to me in a trade where I electroformed some sentimental leaves for a gal in the UK whom I met on Reddit - everything except for the large Flax flowers on the left which I drew with Tombow markers. The pocket on the right page contains a note she wrote me along with the twine she had wrapped around the package, and her return address (blurred) along with some of the postage from the package. I have loads more pressed flowers that she has sent as well. I have big plans for doing an altered book art journal that is all flowers and plants that those will find a home in one day. This page looks quite different from the other few I did.

Materials I used are:
the paper ephemera I was sent as well as dried lavender and unknown leaves
Gesso
Tombow water based markers
ModgePodge
Posca pen in gold
Stabillo
Gellato

8 Likes

What a lovely way to preserve some memories and fun swaps or exchanges!

We all love birds and botanical things…learning new ways to make pockets, decorate our pages…

Welcome and have fun sharing and learning along with us…lol…and believe me, I have a lot to learn…a very inspiring and helpful group!

1 Like

Ahhh, nature journaling!! :heartpulse: I’m glad for the reminder to get some plants and wildlife into my pages.

2 Likes

Your page is so pretty!! Great to have you join in this wonderful craftalong :grinning: :herb:

1 Like

This is so great!
Hmmm, you’ve actually given me an idea about my participation in the happy mail exchange :wink:

1 Like

What a great page!

1 Like

Anyone want to art journal over zoom next Sunday - 2pm Eastern?

This looks like a pretty simple video. I like that she uses scrap paper (looks like paper she used under other projects to catch paint with ) to make her art.

https://youtu.be/9swS4qNTZl0

• Count me in
  • Not this time

0 voters

Okay, I thought for sure that I’d make the last one, but the outing with my mom and aunt went longer than I expected. However, I’m traveling next weekend, but will be back Saturday night. I also just found 2 blank journals, and am itching to play with my gelli press. I also have a bag of kraft paper packing material just waiting to be messed with. So, since I have almost nothing else on tap for the week, I should be able to make some base materials to use. I have done almost zero crafting since school got out, and I really want to make something!

2 Likes

Yes! Yay!!

Hey @Bel, want to get up early for art on Monday?

3 Likes

Lovely page @BeesKnees and welcome!

I will be flying home from Vegas for work (blech) on Sunday so I will miss out this time! :slightly_frowning_face: Have fun!!

Sounds like fun - I’d like to give it a shot and ‘meet’ everyone, too!

3 Likes

You are all turning me over to the dark side aka journaling and paper crafting!

4 Likes

@BeesKnees and @Bugaboo
The more the merrier!
The only rule is you must art!
It’s fun to see what interpretations everyone does with their own pages.

3 Likes

I really really hope to make it this time.

Join us @Bugaboo you know you want to :wink:

3 Likes

Followed some ideas from a YouTube channel and channeled my inner 11 year old, but it was good to move my hands and play with colour :relaxed:

9 Likes

How fun! And what bright saturated colors in the background! But also, nice soft colors in the hand…very versatile medium!

1 Like

I should have mentioned, that for the drawing on the right I used my Ohuhu alcohol markers

2 Likes