Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

YOU!! :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, though, this looks like something Future Megan will be interested in, so thanks for putting it on my radar.

3 Likes

In other Alisa Burke news, I finished one of my RJ spreads.

“The wide world is all about you; you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.”

11 Likes

I love it!

One of my favorite artists did a free live class painting lighthouses today and I thought others might enjoy it. https://fb.watch/7S4-YLA3iA/

I will note that she said this class will be live and free only for a couple of days, after which it will go on her site behind a paywall for people in her art program, so if you’re interested take a look soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love everything about this page- I love the colors you chose, and the darker, shadowy areas play off well against the bright colors. It’s gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you! It just kind of happened, lol, I love that about the zooms. That video was a lot of fun!

1 Like

I have been prepping pages in my mini art journal (or art journal petite) for 2 days. I like going back and adding to the previously prepped pages when a new lesson comes out.

12 Likes

Oh that’s awesome! I am taking her class too and really enjoying the techniques and letting go of my inner perfectionist :smiley:

1 Like

I’m taking it also - boy, can she talk! I thought Carolyn Dube and Barbara from Joggles talked a lot. Anyway, she’s full of common sense ideas and she is organized.

I started with a set of 4 x 6 cards (a mix of index cards, watercolor paper, and other card stock) but I think I will start a mini composition book too.

5 Likes

Haha. I’ve taken so many classes with her at this point I’m able to tune out a lot of the talking. :laughing:

4 Likes

Here is an Alisa Burke video where she puts a few of the Journal Petite ideas all together.
She’s working in a standard-sized composition book.
Love the paisley design - I need to practice that!

4 Likes

She makes it look so effortless!

2 Likes

When in doubt, dot it…sure was interesting to see how she would go back to each element and keep adding…more is more…

1 Like

Me, too. But in another class (by daisy yellow/Tammy Garcia), I remember watching the instructions and thinking STOP PAINTING! IT’S DONE! But when I tried it the way it was instructed, I understood how she arrived at that technique. So I try what the teacher says, and then if I feel like I can break the rules, or go my own way, I do.

But I think like in most things - learn the process first before naysaying. (That’s my advice for me, feel free to adopt!)

5 Likes

Wow, I love that! Lots of overlap from her doodling class as well.

How is the Journal Petite class? I still have over half of her Doodling and Chasing Freedom classes to finish but I’m so tempted by this one!

2 Likes

Speaking of the doodling class, I did the silly creatures exercise last night and I’m still cracking up about some of them. I’m definitely taking myself way less seriously and having fun after doing her lessons!

11 Likes

Yes! Love this. True for me, too. :slight_smile:

@photojenn - I think it’s similar to chasing freedom so far, just smaller scale. You’re probably safe to skip it. Love the silly creatures!! :laughing:

3 Likes

I tend to follow lessons pretty much step-by-step so I can learn the technique…for me, having the foundation first gives me a good base to wander on my own. I have applied this all my life to many facets of my life. Most of what we learn here has been inspirational and informative since I am still building my personal foundation.

5 Likes

These are amazing! :smiley:

1 Like

I wonder how many new sales we gave them :laughing:

Mine arrived today :grin:

7 Likes