Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

Ooo, love your lamp and mug rug!

1 Like

Thank you! I found the lamp on Etsy and the mug rug was purchased in a charity fundraiser for terrier rescue :blush::dog2:

1 Like

Ha, mine also came this week.

7 Likes

I’ve been hemming and hawing over whether to order from them and I just did because they had a german version of Pippi Longstocking and I loved Pippi as a kid and I like foreign text so it seemed like a no-brainer.

and I immediately got a personal message from Jacob. that was a nice touch.

2 Likes

I got mine too - I’ll take a pic at home tonight. I got a Time-Life book about Germany. I think it will be a paint clean-up book - for when I spill/squeeze out too much paint. And then I can either Alisa Burke-style it with doodles or rip out painted pages for other projects.

2 Likes

I have that book! What a wonderful idea to use it as a bunch of background sheets for your art!

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for mine.

5 Likes

I love this! It came out so cute. It might be linked elsewhere in this thread, but where is the class at? I want to try this!

1 Like

It one of the exercises from Alisa Burke’s Doodle It Out class. Her teaching style is very free and encouraging and not prescriptive at all. I found that a bit of a challenge at first (when I had no idea what I was doing) but I’ve really come to appreciate it.

3 Likes

Hmm I am debating taking this. It looks great! I am already a member of skillshare which is something like $150 a year and I think I have only done 5 classes so I am a little head-shy on buying even more courses. Decisions, decisions…

1 Like

I came across this video. I like how he uses random objects around the house.

I made 2 pages inspired by his video.

12 Likes

Having fun - like @geekgirl - painting my mini composition books. I’m making 3 and I’m thinking that I’ll give one to my mom to doodle in.

12 Likes

I inquired about mine and received a reply from Jacob that he was cancelling my order and issued a refund. Said the shipping to Canada was too much. Very disappointed and sure wish he’d told me when I first ordered, not a month later when I asked about it.

I love these pages very much @geekgirl – really great use of color, texture, and composition. They’re lovely!

2 Likes

Oh that’s terrible! I guess he hadn’t thought out international shipping. Which seems odd.

1 Like

Here’s a simple art journal video I’ve had saved for a while. Who wants to join me Sunday September 26 at 2pm Eastern time (11 am pacific and 7 pm London time)

You’ll need:

• paper
  • acrylic paint
  • a brayer or old credit card or something to scrap paint with. You can also use paint brushes or sponges
  • old book pages
  • circle stamps, or circle stencils, or various sizes bottle caps
  • pigment powders such as Magicals or Cosmic Shimmer Shakers - I don’t have either. You can use water colors, grate up some water color crayon or pencil, etc.
  • background stamp. If you don’t have stamps you can use things like bubble wrap or corrugated cardboard
  • black ink
  • distress crayon, gelato, watercolor crayon, etc.
  • white gel pen or paint pen
  • glue/mod podge/ gel medium
  • spray bottle of water
  • heat tool or hair dryer
  • Sign me up
  • Can’t make it
0 voters
6 Likes

Me! I’m really looking forward that!

And, your pages are fabulous, the layering is brilliant.

I get so inspired looking at everything that everyone posts on this thread :heart:

3 Likes

I am doing the fabric bead class on Saturday but I need an art zoom as well…it has been a while since I broke out the art supplies! Yes, I want to watch the video and make some art!

2 Likes

Oh I’m a maybe. I’m going to a craft fair that day, but might be home in time…:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes