Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Today’s PSA - Dick Blick has 120ml tubes of Amsterdamn acrylic paints on sale for $3.71/tube! They’re usually around $5.50 on sale.

3 Likes

Oooo, I really like your 3rd one. No stamps that time? Doodles FTW!

@Edel - I don’t know what you’re talking about - I love both of these!!

@Magpie - these are great, even for being unfinished! And I love the gelli marathon results. So much color!

2 Likes

I love everyone’s different versions!!

I finished off my ones with a little coloured pencil, white gel pen, and word stamps.

15 Likes

They are lovely, especially the third one

2 Likes

The watercolor pages are beautiful and so cheery and spring like. All of them! I am sorry I missed this session, but I was out in the woods enjoying the weather.

1 Like

Here’s a page I made last night during my local craft meetup zoom.

12 Likes

Oooo…very cool!

1 Like

Love all the pages you made during the zoom! Thank you for sharing them. I will have to look out for the next one - 2pm EST works in the UK for me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s so beautiful! The trees, and the sky. Love it.

1 Like

Today’s page from the Creative Stretch Warmup. I might go back in and add doodling to the circles.

10 Likes

My page for the second day of the Creative Stretch Warmup

8 Likes

@geekgirl your tree painting is fantastic! so luminous and evocative

@photojenn I just love seeing all the amazing pages you’re doing! I really like the vibrant paint layering in the last one.

2 Likes

Another free 2 week class starting next week - Sketchbook Revival. I don’t know much about this one but came to know of it from Tiffany Sharpe on IG (she’s co-hosting Fodder School). It looks fast paced - 2 videos a day for 2 weeks - but could be fun to get some new techniques.

3 Likes

Okay I signed up because I only know 2 or 3 of the teachers and it will be nice to meet some new ones.

Thanks Jenn!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I signed up because I like the GetMessyArtJournal on IG, looking forward to seeing the classes.

3 Likes

Playing around with watercolors for the first Sketchbook Revival lesson

8 Likes

I made another page in my Dr Seuss journal … not sure it was a good idea using a book because I’m finding it hard to cover up the pictures unless I go dark. Originally I had the page pink and yellow but too much was showing through. However, in hindsight, I didn’t decide to use the cutouts until after adding the black. If I’d thought it out, they might have covered the images enough I wouldn’t have needed black.

7 Likes

Have you tried covering the page with gesso first? or even a layer of white paint?

1 Like

Here’s my page for the March prompt. I think I ticked all the boxes.

It’s hard to see but I added iridescent medium in areas in addition to gold paint.

12 Likes

No, neither of those ideas crossed my mind … that’s why I need the experts to help :smiley:

1 Like