Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Here’s my page from today:

Lots of fun techniques!

11 Likes

@Abbeeroad that’s fabulous! I will definitely have to try that video.

I’m sorry I missed you guys, and thanks for including me @geekgirl our guests have just left and we’ve an early start. So it’s bedtime here xx

3 Likes

@Abbeeroad @photojenn @geekgirl … nice to chat with you for a few minutes while you all created. My nice long walk after was enjoyable.

3 Likes

Love the circles and the gold tones!

I made 2.

This on card stock

And this on canvas. I may work on it a bit more and then hang it in my bathroom

12 Likes

I like the pops of red on the first one.

1 Like

I see fish skin! Reminds me of @AIMR 's lovely canvas creation.

Here was my page from today. I really like bits and pieces of it so I think I’ll cut it up and use it like a masterboard. It was fun trying the new techniques.

10 Likes

@Abbeeroad - Yours looks amazing! It makes me think of Leonardo de Vinci. I love your circles and the grid prints

@geekgirl - I really love the focal points in your first piece and the colors you chose, the white around the shapes looks like some kind of cursive/writing. Your second piece is so deep with layers!

@photojenn - Love the bright pops of color! It’s so cheery

I’ve been working on mine off and on all day but it’s not finished yet… It does feel very masterboardy but I’m hoping to turn it around to look more art journaly :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I like the whole thing!

2 Likes

@geekgirl - love the scribble additions to the cardstock piece! The layers on the canvas are superb. Love that unique shape you masked off, too.

@photojenn - excellent color as always and I love those black/pink scribbles at the edge!

2 Likes

More watercolor doodles tonight in my daily creative practice journal

12 Likes

I finished my pages from the video. I might add more later in the white spaces, but for now it’s done :slight_smile:

This was a fun one :smile: I’m really fond of the string on a block and I was able to use a rectangle container that I saved from the trash some time ago :grin:

9 Likes

Ooo. Love your chevrons!

2 Likes

@Reinikka - Agree! the chevrons are awesome! I really like how they’re not stark white.

@photojenn - I like how you worked even across the midline/crease.

2 Likes

I did this in my new travel journal, inspired by Abbey Sy’s Sketchbook Revival session

10 Likes

I’ve done a few of the lessons so I’m glad I have a few more days to watch the videos.

1 Like

I love the inclusion of the polaroids! So fun.

1 Like

love the little houses!

1 Like

Thank you all. The polaroids are printouts from my Instax Mini printer. I am really enjoying being able to quickly put photos in spreads.
I would say if anyone is thinking of getting one, be aware that you cannot cut the border off the photos, and they are quite thick, with a plastic backing similar to a credit card. In the app, bump the saturation up to about 75%.

1 Like

Here’s my page for the April prompts. The face is a Dina wakely collage page

12 Likes