Art Journal Wall Art

I recently visited my sister in Florida under a very stressful time for her and her husband. Spent most of the time cleaning and helping her get her condo back in order after a mold disaster. I was glad to get home, but the trip left me uninspired to work on my ton of WIP projects and Christmas projects.

I decided instead to clean house and go room by room and get stuff done in each room. This includes putting up any decor, curtains, etc. and getting rid of junk and unused excess.

I started in the guest room…I needed something on a wide wall next to the closet and something over the bed. I also need to frame some prints for the “library” part of the room…and clean out the closet!

I decided to start with art over the bed but ended up putting it on the wide wall instead.

I started by using lessons I learned in @geekgirl’s Art Jornaling and Zoom sessions…treated three black canvases as my background, and did them like a masterboard…paint, ink, splatters, stamps, etc. I then cut out fish from some Japanese pages.

I connected the three canvases before hanging with black duct tape in back…it is what I had…lol…

It was engaging and took my mind off things and got me back in the mood to make stuff.

Close up:

Thanks for looking and thanks to all who supported me during this difficult time. I am glad to be back “home” to my little safe internet space. Love you guys!

36 Likes

Love these fish! And I love how you used what you learned to make them!

2 Likes

You know I have been obsessed with fish since you started doing them! I made way more cutouts than I needed so I am going to paint them for future use…thanks for inspiration and lessons as well…why pay $$$ at Home Goods for prints when you can make your own? Not exactly fine art, but for a guest room, perfect! lol

3 Likes

I LOOOOOVE it!!! :heart_eyes: I love everything about it, the colors, the arch of fishies, the textures, everything is beautiful! :star: :star: :star:

3 Likes

That is three awesome art pieces! I love them!

2 Likes

Every bit as “fine” as what I might see in home goods store, in my opinion. Very very cool! And so glad you got inspired!

2 Likes

This is just beautiful! Really nicely done.

2 Likes

These are wonderful!! I love the flow from one canvas to the next.

2 Likes

Gorgeous artwork…and infinitely better than mass produced wall art! I am glad to see your creation and it looks perfect for your guest room :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These are absolutely stunning my friend. I’m glad your home now, and finding ways back to crafting after time away. :heart:

2 Likes

This is wonderful! WOW! What a great way to get back into the swing of making things.

2 Likes

These are so beautiful!

2 Likes

This is beautiful!

2 Likes

This is gorgeous!

2 Likes

So cool! I like it even better now that I see the close-ups. Those fish are amazing, and I love all the little details in the background as well.

2 Likes

I disagree, this is definitely fine art!:heart::heart::heart: I love how serene this set feels, it has a very smooth motion to it.

2 Likes

Beautiful, I love the sense of movement.
Perhaps I’ll be counting fish instead of sheep tonight :fish:

2 Likes

:eyes: Well, lookie here! :eyes: Your amazing craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rainbow:

2 Likes

I absolutely love this!

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love the way you did the fish and that you showed us a “before” pic!

3 Likes