Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

New Alisa Burke classes - a 30-day journal using scraps, a floral class and a class about how to teach online….got a small holiday bonus burning a hole in my pocket……

3 Likes

I have been eyeing her holiday trio…haven’t seen these ones yet!

2 Likes

I might just go look…just look…

3 Likes

I bought the Leftover journal class because you know it might contain one scrap of info I don’t know/haven’t heard/can’t figure out yet!

4 Likes

I caved! Just couldn’t resist a class with the word “scraps” in it!

3 Likes

Looks like registration is open for the 23 hour Artsy Meetup Marathon on New Years Eve. It was a lot of fun last year and I’m going to do it again this year

4 Likes

I can’t do it this year as I’m throwing a party on new year’s Day, I’ll have to much on. But it was a lot of fun last year, in case anyone is on the fence.

1 Like

I’m trying to decide if I would actually use the access until December if I sign up for the $60 or should I just do the $30 (and use the other $30 for some other class :rofl: )

I just did the $30 option. I’m planning to take most of it live and I have so many other classes that I know I’ll never go back to it. Are you planning to do any of it live this year?

Not to overload everyone with art classes and etc but does anyone want to art journal either this Friday or Monday?

• Friday Dec 30 at 10 am EST
  • Friday Dec 30 at 2 pm EST
  • Friday Dec 30 at 4 pm EST
  • Monday Jan 2 at 10 am EST
  • Monday Jan 2 at 2 pm EST

0 voters

I was thinking this video

Couldn’t get the video to show up properly so here is a pic

6 Likes

yeah I think I can do a lot of it live. My end of the year boardgaming is happing Wed and Thurs!

1 Like

@photojenn do you have Tarot/Oracle cards? I don’t know what they are for so not sure I want to go out and buy any. I see some printable ones on etsy. Maybe i can go that route at the last minute if I decide I want them.

I don’t have any of the oracle cards and will probably skip those sessions and/or work on something else. Tbh those ones usually aren’t my jam.

if they had them last year then I must have skipped them too

I chose the $30 option also. I’m not into tarot/oracle stuff so I’ll skip that. I plan to switch back & forth to the free YouTube hop I posted above.

I’m stuck in San Diego thanks to the Southwest meltdown and while I have little to complain about (mom’s house, good food, laundry, some art supplies), I had planned a few days of cleaning/organizing in my house before Saturday. I am ride-sharing with 2 strangers met on Craigslist so fingers crossed I arrive home tomorrow after 3 extra days of not Art-ing, cleaning, or organizing.

3 Likes

Earlier today wrote out all of the art classes I’ve purchased in the last 18 months or so and it was surprising. Then I went through the list and marked whether or not i thought each one was a good purchase in hindsight.

I found that what I’m looking for in classes has changed a bit as I’ve learned more and there were only 2 teachers who I didn’t regret purchasing any of their classes. What I seem to enjoy the most are classes where the instructor has obviously thought a lot about what they want you to take away from the class/learn and live classes.

As a result of the exercise I canceled my Handmade Book Club subscription (I really enjoy the challenges but the membership was a waste for me) and can hopefully be more discerning about the classes I’m buying in the future. I still have a few year long classes I’m signed up for but don’t expect to sign up for any of them again when this round is over other than probably Fodder School.

3 Likes

What’s been your most favorite class so far?

I think Fodder School was mine. Not for the projects but the actual fodder was much more my style than anything else I’ve done.
the 5 day postcard thing with Andrea was probably my 2nd favorite.

Also - does discourse not realize this is a FORUM?

3 Likes

I get yelled at for talking to Linda too much, All The Time! Actually, the anticipation of that admonishment has made me not reply many times.

3 Likes

Looks like Friday at 2pm won the poll.

So just to be annoying here is another poll. please vote if you want the zoom link on Friday

Art Journal Zoom for Friday Dec 30 2pm Eastern

• I’m in

0 voters

We will do this video

Couldn’t get the video to show up properly so here is a pic

Not a lot of supplies needed for this:

• paper
  • watercolors or gouache. she is using gouache. But I will probably use watercolors
  • brush
  • water
  • heat tool/hairdryer to speed up the drying process
  • pen to doodle with

This is a shorter video and I thought it would be good to break in the new year with a shorter easy video!

Tagging:
@kayrun
@Lynx
@jemimah
@jeanneleigh

4 Likes

ha ha I ignore that warning…

@geekgirl…my favorite classes have been Alisa Burke…I realized that I like short, fast and complete lessons at once rather than ones that have several parts. I am also going to stop the Handmade Books classes…I am not one to take advantage of resources types of classes…

I like classes where I learn a certain technique and then can incorporate it into other things I do…

My most favorite thing , tho, are our Zooms…I enjoy seeing how everyone interprets the same lesson…

5 Likes