Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I would, but I’m throwing a party tomorrow night, 5 years cancer free-yeah baby!!

6 Likes

Woohoo! Have a great time!

Fabulous! I love how organic your doodles look.

I was tempted, but too many things on. I hope you have a fantastic time!

Happy new year everyone :grinning:

1 Like

What is this marathon zoom?

1 Like
1 Like

Same. Enjoy guys!

I’m bookmarking this so I can try it when I get home!
Love this idea- thx for sharing

Lovely colors!
And since I had to exit quickly, I think I missed the part where we outline the trees, so I have some more drawing to do!
It was great seeing everyone…. I was hesitant about joining for some reason, but finally told myself I could stop after making one tree (if I didn’t like it), and I wound up making a few and enjoying chatting.
@geekgirl , thx for hosting!

And @jemimah , I may do something similar by adding a few small unpainted trees between the ones I already did, if I can make it work ~

@AIMR , I want to use that edging on your top center tree— very cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I joined once just to chat, didn’t paint at all. @Magpie wasn’t painting yesterday. We are all friends so no one minds :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s pretty!
Such nice colors and doodles:)
I need to make it a priority this year to finish my doodle class as well as one other I purchased (can’t even remember what it was!)

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind, and may work on knitting projects in a future zoom! Although it is kinda good for me to stretch my comfort zone by joining y’all in painting, etc. :blush:
Happy New Year to all my crafty buddies! :fireworks:

2 Likes

I really did mean to paint but the supplies are simply blocked in by stuff I really dont want to work on tidying up, lol. I better get to it before back to work in early Jan. I’m way more interested in baking though. Who wants to clean when there’s tasty treats to make, & eat!

3 Likes

All I ask is if someone isn’t “arting” that they not chat over any video instruction. Or talk over anyone wanting/needing to talk about the video/process/art we are creating.

Yesterdays video we left on mute since she didn’t really give any instruction but sometimes there is and we just want all the participants to be able to hear the video and ask questions or make comments about the video.

4 Likes

I seem to recall that we used to have a rule that you had to art and share your work…which is why the regular zooms came into play…usually it was when we had larger groups, right?

Some of the videos require attention and speed to get them done…I can’t always chat because I am busy trying to understand and look to see what is going on…yesterday was a nice easy one and was great for chatting inbetween because it was muted.

4 Likes

Sometimes it’s hard to bring the conversation back to the project because you don’t want to interrupt the conversation. I agree yesterday’s video worked well for general chatting since there wasn’t much content. It’s really fun when everyone is working on the same project and seeing all the different versions.

I’d love to see us do more of the general crafting zooms, those are a lot of fun too!

2 Likes

2023 thread is here!

Happy New Year, y’all! :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

3 Likes

Yes, it was the perfect simple video this time for sure! Lovely seeing you all & chatting. All the painting everybody did is so nice too.

5 Likes

Hope you have a Happy New Year! I also hope that your leg heals and that you will have access to your paints and other supply goodies for a wonderful and productive New Year…

I also wonder what projects you have in store for us this year…last year was epic with mushrooms, pink goodies, and positive affirmations!!!

Excited for more art journaling in 2023! And I appreciate this discussion about the Zoom etiquette; I haven’t joined as many because I find working to videos isn’t really my thing, but this has reassured me there’s maybe room for me to go art rogue.

4 Likes