Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Took another shot at it …

If I continue, I ‘need’ a white pen, making marks with paint isn’t easy.

11 Likes

@megwell love all the pink squares and the squiggle lines

@Reinikka your first page has so much movement in it! but I do like the pinkish letters on the 2nd pic

@Cindy I love that you are using a Dr Seuss book! great job. and good going on giving it another shot. your blue reminds me of feathers.

@photojenn loving the people! such a fun page. I’ve started my background for this video and the winter one but won’t be able to finish them until the weekend.

3 Likes

Added a couple more layers, including some collage. It’s now at that dangerous “it’s nice-ish what if I ruin it” stage…

6 Likes

I LOVE THESE COLORS!!! and great black and white line work over the top.

2 Likes

Tonight’s journal page was done Under the Influence of (inspired by the work of) Andrea Okeson. I really struggled with this one and am really not happy with my “finished” page. In hindsight I’d change pretty much everything about the page but I do like the effect a light wash of white has over top and the gold writing. Since I learned at least one thing, I’ll consider it a win. And maybe paint over the whole page tomorrow :joy:

(If you look at her insta and think to yourself that my page looks nothing like hers, I couldn’t agree more. I did the page as part of a class and I probably would have chosen a different starting image to use for inspiration. My page ended up going completely off the rails)

7 Likes

Well, not knowing what the inspiration piece looks like to compare it to, I love it! Cool techniques in there!

2 Likes

Ack! I posted this in the wrong place.

I’ve made lots of little cards to go out in happy mail soon…

6 Likes

They are beautiful!

2 Likes

Week 6 of Wanderlust. I went a bit off the rails with this one but I’m obsessed with the iridescence the gold provides and proud of myself for mixing colors to get what I wanted. I didn’t like the page at all while I was working on it but ended up loving it at the end.

11 Likes

I love this, I’ll loving gold at the moment and this is fab.

3 Likes

Not sure if this free Art2Life workshop has been posted here yet. It just started today and I think the content is only available this week. I’m just watching the first lesson (about creating differences in your work and the visual impact) and finding it worthwhile.

2 Likes

I signed up and got the email, but haven’t watched yet. I’m glad you find it worthwhile.

1 Like

I’d be interested to hear what you think of it. I haven’t taken an actual “art class” since junior high so lessons on things like composition and creating visual interest are super useful for me.

1 Like

Wanted to let everyone know that I am posting links to each month’s prompts on the first post of this craftalong so they are easier to find

8 Likes

Yes! I am same as @Lynx. I plan to catch up today. I am also doing The Science of Well-being course - I did week 6/7 yesterday. I get burned out on too many video classes in a day lol.

But I also haven’t taken an art class since high school so looking forward!

2 Likes

Today’s page done Under the Influence of Journal with Purpose

15 Likes

I love how that turned out! It’s so visually interesting!

I just watched the first Art2Life video. I thought it was interesting and lots of good points to lead people into creating an appealing composition. I did not create anytthing.

2 Likes

Second page from tonight

12 Likes

Very, very nice!

2 Likes

I posted on your Instagram- love this and love the fodder houses!

2 Likes