Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I was going to commit to 12 tags for the year but then tags felt just a smidge too small, so I decided to make 4x6 pieces which I can then bind or incorporate into a book. Of course I forgot to take progress pics, and the gel mat medium is still wet holding on the word, but here is the January page, theme “Joy”. My other themes will be love, patience, grace, gratitude, hope, mindful, abundance, peace, empathy, connection, and spirit.

15 Likes

I love the colors and how you left the white edge on the right.
And I adore the date stamp! I need to start doing that. Pretty sure I have a date stamp.

4 Likes

After doing the single line face during the artsy marathon I remembered there was a wonky face video in the pre-classes for Wanderlust 2022 with Kate Crane. I’m having fun making the little wonky faces and will play around with colors next.

13 Likes

These are great! I think faces may be my next obsession :smiley:

3 Likes

Haha mine too! I’m thinking for 2022 I might try to focus on one topic for each month e.g. faces, watercolors, lettering, composition, blending, color theory/combos, mandalas/shapes, etc. Currently thinking faces for January - maybe sneak in 5-10 min of doodling faces each day.

5 Likes

I’m leisurely following the Junk Journal January challenge by megjournals. The book pages in my Nancy Drew journal teed up day 1 pretty nicely :laughing:.

(Plz excuse the bad lighting.)

11 Likes

I’m chucking about the tip up for the “yeah”. Well done :joy:

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

I really love the white space on the right as well. And you left it on each of them. I like this idea so much. I might try it!!

2 Likes

Starting on the January Fodder School lessons

13 Likes

This gorgeous rainbow is giving me so much HAPPINESS! I love it!

3 Likes

i finished watching the videos and really want to get started but will have to wait a while.

1 Like

Oooh, pretty! Is it gesso & acrylic paint? The texture is great!

1 Like

Somehow I’m almost out of white paint (how does a self respecting mixed media artist run out of white paint?) so I might not be doing much more today either. Currently practicing some of the writing styles.

I’m just using acrylic but I think the technique would work equally as well with gesso. And you might have just solved my running out of white paint issue!

4 Likes

Today was a big crafting day, a great way to end my vacation (back to work tomorrow :-1::-1:). Here’s a spread I did tonight in my daily creative practice journal (heavily influenced by a lesson Andrea provided). I’m really happy with how this one turned out. The main thing I wanted to work on was keeping distinct blocks of color and not over mixing which I think was really successful.

13 Likes

This is stunning!

2 Likes

This scratches an itch I didn’t even know I had! The colors, shapes, font, patterns, interactive layout…yes yes yes yes and yes. Sort of a cocktail pool party vibe, to me.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
(I love those, in case you didn’t understand my emojis) :joy:

3 Likes

this looks fantastic. I’m getting a forest vibe from it.

2 Likes

PSA - it looks like Dick Blick has a promo going on right now where if you buy one 9x12 Canson mixed media pad, you get a second one for free. So $9.48 (plus taxes and shipping) for 2 9x12 pads!

2 Likes