Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

you’re such an enabler!

you could buy 5 and get 5 free for $47.40 and get free shipping lol

3 Likes

Haha well luckily it’s limit one per customer.

1 Like

This is gorgeous and rich. I am a tiny bit regretting that I didn’t join you, but I really don’t believe I would maintain this over the whole year.

But I will cheer you on and celebrate your work!

2 Likes

I signed up for the 12 month class Living in Your Journal which I think is going to help me. If I was doing it by myself without the classes and community around it, I definitely think I’d lose steam after a couple months. I’m also giving myself a lot of room to pivot how I’m using it throughout the year. So I might decide that it’s just an art journal with a few spreads a month instead of the weekly spreads with dates.

2 Likes

I skipped day 3, but here are days 2 and 4 of my Junk Journal January.

2, little moments (f. my first ever tuck spot)

I made the tea envelope into a journaling card, which is probably the strangest true sentence I’ve ever typed.

4, stickers

8 Likes

Actual enabler alert lol, it looks like it also applies to 9x12 watercolor pads. So you could get a mixed media, watercolor, and of course some extras to get free shipping (not that I’m guilty of ever buying extra supplies so I can get free shipping).

2 Likes

Ooh @megwell I love your junk journal.

@photojenn you’re on fire, doing so much! That suits is great, really balanced and harmonious.

I’ve caught up on one of the artsy Martin classes. Wonky faces. Such fun!

13 Likes

The wonky faces are SLAYING ME. I just love them!! esp where they’ve been drawn over twice. I like the less accurate lines.

1 Like

Wow, I’m loving everything you guys!!

2 Likes

Loving this page!! That lettering :star_struck:

2 Likes

That’s my practice lettering for my crazy idea, for my essay for any school (too many for 's) in that sentence. Obviously I’m not going to grammar school!.

Next catch up, artsy marathon lesson. These little folded pockets to stick into a journal. With an extra wonky face. I’m loving them!!

9 Likes

My January prompt art journal page. Again in my little 3x5 notebook

I don’t really have neon or fluorescent paints so just went with bright red. The sgraffito was fun but you gotta work fast.

The new to me item was the dark blue splotches - I got magicals powders!

11 Likes

I’m enjoying January fodder lessons. I kinda did writing like that already but then usually covered it up. I don’t usually make it the focal point but I’m loving how it looks once you cut out shapes.

But I do want a smaller brayer. I have 2 and they are both longer ones so I lost some of the texture on the background.

When I couldn’t think of anything to write I looked up motivational quotes and poems.

I’m pretty proud of my left handed writing lol

11 Likes

Ooohh I love it. The dark red is fabulous!!

I’m loving these small pockets!!.

11 Likes

I’ve watched this video but hven’t made any yet. They are so cute.

1 Like

Nice. They look great cut up. Good idea.

2 Likes

Thin paper is your friend with these

1 Like

I’m so far behind on the lessons, I still need to finish watching the Jan videos. I’m really excited to try the writing, the couple videos that I’ve watched looked like a lot of fun.

I love my 2" Speedball soft rubber brayer, I’d highly recommend it. I also have a 2" Tim Holtz distress brayer but I’d suggest the Speedball.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: I love your faces! I want to do more of these, you know, maybe this weekend :wink:

1 Like

I love the red! And yes, you have to work fast but your designs are subtle and impactful.

1 Like