Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Yay! I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages. I’ll make sure my set up includes a mike this time, ha!

2 Likes

I’m terrible about joining in on Zooms.

Oh, me too. Working office hours, being a technodoofus, early bed time, etc. I’m on vacation until Jan 3rd tho, woohoo!

2 Likes

Yay, I’m really looking forward to arting with you guys!!

2 Likes

great recap! I need to look into Julie Balzer.

2 Likes

Me, too!

1 Like

I just love seeing your projects and am inspired with what you do with all sorts of pieces! I like how you incorporate a mix of things to make your art!

Have fun being creative!

2 Likes

She’s a bit quirky so it took me a little bit to warm up to her but now I really enjoy the quirkiness. She also has a podcast with her mom, again that took me a bit to warm up to, but is really good.

1 Like

I decided to do this little design exercise the other day where you draw a bunch of boxes and then made mini compositions, taking what you like from one and making the next one.

I wasn’t sure where the scribbles came from but I was enjoying making them so I kept doing them and ended up deciding to make it the cover of my little book

I’m kind of obsessed with it.

9 Likes

I bought some acetate sheets on a whim the other day and was just experimenting with alcohol markers on them. I think you could get similar effects to alcohol ink on yupo but with the added translucency of the acetate. I haven’t tried adding any rubbing alcohol or blending solution yet, this was just with pouncing the chisel tip up and down.

10 Likes

That’s an excellent idea!

1 Like

I forgot to vote to join in to get the link. Can I please get the link invite so @geekybookworm and I can join? Thanks!

just sent

Thanks

1 Like

It was fun seeing everyone! Here was my page from today

13 Likes

Oh, I love seeing it up closer where I can stare closer and longer!

It was wonderful seeing you all today!

3 Likes

Your colors are gorgeous!

Here is mine

And here is my “planet” one. Kinda went crazy with random circles as we chatted

And here are the 2 I did about a week ago

I really want to do another one and do like @jemimah did with tue last one she showed us!

14 Likes

Beautiful colours up close, wow! Stunning!

1 Like

Beautiful! love the colour combo, and the mix of patterns!

2 Likes

Here are mine! I really like the landscape tangent I went on.

12 Likes