Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I didn’t realize the whole thing was ending, I thought we were just saying goodbye to Linda and then my screen went blank.

Sure was fun to paint and chat with a bunch of crafty friends :smiley:

I’m going to study what others did and maybe redo mine or just add to what I have already.

@geekgirl your circles look great and @Lynx your landscape on the purple looks like cabins and igloos.

4 Likes

Shhhhhhoooooooot - I missed it again. Oh well, I can work independently.
Lovely inspiration ladies. Happy New Year!

4 Likes

@photojenn - love your colors and designs!

@geekgirl - I really love your planets one. Especially where you outlined the paint bottom right. And I love the additional black and white circles at the top of the “trees” in your other pieces.

@Lynx - I agree your landscape doodles are so unique! Love the reflective nature of them.

Here are mine from today. It was really fun and meditative.

9 Likes

@geekgirl, that’s a gorgeous collection, I especially like the lines of little spots outside the edge, very nice!

@Lynx i love how creative you got with your doodling, you really put your own mark on it!

@Abbeeroad thats really pretty, your borders look so cool! I really like the effect of the muted colours too, it’s another approach to explore.

Here are my ones …

I really enjoyed this morning’s session, the simple video worked well for experimenting with different ideas - thanks again for organising Carlee!!

11 Likes

It’s so fun how different they all are! @jemimah, your ovals look like pockets and are so fun! I like seeing the repetitive use of a pattern!

@abbeeroad, I really like your doodling, especially the ones on the right side of your first picture. They make me think of rocks. I love the border idea, and I decided to carry it over to my second page.

@Smmarrt we missed you, but please share what you end up making!

@geekgirl, the splatters on yours give a fun vibe! I love all the different ways you interpreted this! Thanks for hosting!

2 Likes

Love your take! Your style always shines through!!!

1 Like

You guys! The pages are amazing, I love the landscape ones and the vibrant ones and the pastel ones.

I’m sorry I couldn’t make it, I was busy drinking wine with old old friends xx

4 Likes

My page … I didn’t realize when we started this was supposed to be a finished project, I thought we were just messing around with colour and doodles or I would have done my placement differently.

I attempted to make one planet look cracked but goofed putting a solid line on the top.

I think I’ll give this another try in a smaller book.

6 Likes

I really like how you connected the first page.

1 Like

Great variety of colours and doodles - I especially like your blended colours!

Don’t worry about it being “supposed” to be anything, it doesn’t have to be. I think I get more out of playing around with ideas in these sessions, rather than just the final product.

Please post a pic of what you do with your next try!

3 Likes

I use these lessons to make things later…mostly learning different ideas and ways to do things…it is experimenting at times and I often use these to cut up and make other things, but none of mine are “finished”…

I love how you made your ovals look more like leaves…the round ones could be rocks or ornaments…lots of ideas…the bubbles are my favorite!

Here are mine…loved playing art with you all today!!

10 Likes

Placement was tricky for me too…I might turn my “trees” one into fodder.

I like the way you turned your circles into leaves and the band on the planet is actually pretty cool!

1 Like

I am super inspired by some of these unusual colour pairings. Purple & green? Purple & orange? That should be so ugly but it’s BEAUTIFUL!
Everybody did such nice work. Thanks for letting me hang out even though I was only sewing eyes onto snow people. I will try this once I can get to the paints, lol.

4 Likes

I think i see @geekgirl and @Cyn-energy on the marathon zoom :wave: Is anyone else joining?

2 Likes

I would, but I’m throwing a party tomorrow night, 5 years cancer free-yeah baby!!

6 Likes

Woohoo! Have a great time!

Fabulous! I love how organic your doodles look.

I was tempted, but too many things on. I hope you have a fantastic time!

Happy new year everyone :grinning:

1 Like

What is this marathon zoom?

1 Like
1 Like