Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

This group is bad for my wallet :grin: I just signed up for the imagination class and also the pattern one.

3 Likes

Haha I can relate. Iā€™m still pretty new to mixed media (a bit over a year) so Iā€™ve been trying a lot of classes and teachers to figure out what I like. Some days I feel like I should just give @Smmarrt my cc and have her tell me which classes weā€™re taking next :joy:

5 Likes

I also gave in and signed up for the imagination class :+1:t2:. Should be fun.

3 Likes

Ha ha.

1 Like

I joined up for the imagination class. Iā€™ve only taken her petit journal class and the recyclerā€™s journal class.

2 Likes

This is amazing!! Really cool to add something that shows the current ā€œyouā€. Beautiful.

2 Likes

I stumbled across a free art journaling class called Care December (Iā€™m sorry if that was brought up at some point in the group, Iā€™m always a bit behind the curve), and itā€™s available for lifetime access, and is free. Hereā€™s the link: Care December Sale Page | Everything Art

I havenā€™t dug into it too much yet but Iā€™m sort of a hoarder, so I want ALL THE CLASSES :smiley: and thought I would share.

Edited to add: Donations to a charity are requested - it is intended to be a fundraiser.

4 Likes

Happy 2022 all! I have been so un-creative and blah-feeling for the last 6 weeks or soā€¦ I havenā€™t been art journaling at all, hence my absence from this thread and the last Zoom art get-together.

But, your posts inspired me to look at the Burke classes again and now I have also purchased the Imagination class (and the homebody journaling class because WOW if ever a class has ever spoken directly to me, this was the one!) A couple more that were on sale too. My hopes are that spending the money will force me to do some art so I donā€™t feel like I wasted.

Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out in the thread to see if there are any zoom get-togethers to work the Imagination class since it looks like a good handful signed up!

3 Likes

Sorry ladies - connection issues. I had hoped to join in. I canā€™t wait to see what you all worked on.

2 Likes

Day 8 of JJJan was florals, and I was planning to skip it because florals arenā€™t really my thing. But then I found this envelope lining while harvesting stamps from happy mail and couldnā€™t not use it.

This angle shows off the shimmer in the pattern:

8 Likes

Paper swap is posted - hope to see you there!

3 Likes

I used the day 10 prompt, pop of color, to do some found poetry with one of the Nancy Drew book pages.

9 Likes

Itā€™s hard to get a good picture because itā€™s dark out but doodling with watercolors might be my new favorite thing ever.

I did this page in my daily creative practice journal so you can see bits of some of the other pages. Still need to decide what sentiment to add in the middle.

13 Likes

Lah! Those greens and limes, and evergreens! Was that a tutorial, or out of your noodle?

I love the space you left for writing.

3 Likes

It was loosely inspired by a Watch.Learn.Play video I watched a few weeks ago. She had a center square and doodles around it. I didnā€™t have it up as a reference (and I think I remember hers being mainly botanicals?) so I guess Iā€™ll say she gets some of the credit and so do I :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And now I know I need to doodle with watercolors, too! So pretty!

2 Likes

Okay, @photojenn! I had to go find a similar one! itā€™s not really a tutorial, but she gives several clips of watercolor botanicals + doodling. I feel like I can figure it out!

6 Likes

I think I need to up my watercolor game this year. :thinking:

I have been in a bit of a paint-y slump lately, but you all are so inspiring I picked up my paints today! I did get new Liquitex acrylics last month but this isnā€™t my first time usingā€¦it could still count as new for the Jan prompt though right? :wink: Oh well either way, hereā€™s my newest page in my journal petite. Inspired by this video.

12 Likes

Your doodles are so neat and perfect! I love it!

2 Likes

I love the way this page goes from sort of chaos at the outside, to calm in the middle. It draws your eye in so well. I love all the textures and layers also!

4 Likes