Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

I am working on these - I keep painting papers but haven’t done a lot of writing.
(And I’m using song lyrics - thank you, Google!)

I think they look great cut out.

2 Likes

I love them as cut-outs also! These are great!

1 Like

They are such fun to do.

I did a couple more classes. I actually wasn’t crazy about either of the these sessions…I liked the tutors ethos, but I’m not sure it really came through.

14 Likes

Junk Journal January prompts 6 and 7:

6, inspiration:

Gelli print by @Reinikka (I think).

7, positive vibes:

The colors are a bit truer with the flash.

13 Likes

I love the 6 quote with those colors.

2 Likes

Is the second one a Stargate??? :grin:

1 Like

So many beautiful textures! Very inspiring. I am really bad at sticking with things, especially if they resemble self care at all! Maybe I’ll try?

5 Likes

I think the idea of the session was that is an oracle/tarot card. And meant to represent a portal. So yeah, a stargate :wink:

@megwell nice pages! I love the sentiments.

@MalarkeyMama welcome :grin: nice to have you here.

2 Likes

Welcome @MalarkeyMama :grinning: this craftalong is so inspiring and friendly. I hope you’ll give it a try!

3 Likes

I think so too :slight_smile: thanks for tagging me

Hey, is there a paper crafts craftalong planned for 2022 or are we mixing it with the art journal craftalong? Not that I need another thread to follow but I’ve been doing some random papery things that might be fun to share

3 Likes

I want to see the random papery things!! But I wouldn’t say I’m the most active person on the group, nor it’s founder, etc. Let me know if there is another place / thread I should be following :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@audity was running those but she hasn’t been on in a while.

She probably wouldn’t mind if someone else wants to start a new year.

I don’t mind if people post paper related stuff in this thread but it does make sense for it to have its own home too.

If no one else wants to start a new thread I can start one later on today.

3 Likes

I signed up for Wanderlust 2022 and the first lesson was printing out a selfie and painting over it to make a self portrait. This was waaaaaaaay out of my comfort zone and I wish that I would have picked different colors (and had heavy body paints and different brushes). When I finished I was pretty unhappy with how it came out but now that it’s sat for a couple hours, it’s growing on me a bit more. It’s my first attempt at anything like this and I tried the best I could, so I guess that’s what counts :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Here you go!

new paper craftalong for 2022

4 Likes

it looks good. you got good shadows on your face.

I did wanderlust in 2015 and it was daunting. It was a lot of faces and I am not good at faces.

3 Likes

I know everyone is classed to within an inch of their lives right now, but heads up that our old buddy Alisa Burke has a bunch of classes on sale, including the new Imagination Journal one that starts Monday (which I’m seriously considering). And if you’ve taken the Pattern one, I’d love your feedback on how draw-y it is. I’m intrigued by that one but am wary because I’m not a draw-er. (Not to be confused with a drawer.)

4 Likes

I love Alissa but her site reminds me of Kohl’s, if the thing you want isn’t on sale, just wait a few weeks. Kind of bummed for her that she needs to put on sales that frequently.

Your post reminded me that I need to get back to the doodling class. I got about a third through it and was enjoying it. Is that the pattern class you’re referring to or was it a different one?

2 Likes

Thanks. I think @audity is having a baby so that’s why she’s been quiet.

5 Likes

I think it’s called Pattern Discovery.

I know she’s been big on discounting stuff during the pandemic. But I’m new to AB in the last ~year, so I don’t have any frame of reference on whether that’s just how she does business. It’s certainly worked on me :laughing:.

3 Likes

Oooo another class I might need to get lol. I’ll also be interested if anyone has taken that one before.

2 Likes