Art Journaling Craftalong - 2022

Wow @photojenn, your pieces are looking amazing!!

I love everyone’s pages, so beautiful!, it was a really fun and relaxed session on Monday/Sunday, always a joy to paint with my lettuce friends :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Here’s my page, I’m really happy with it.

13 Likes

Gorgeous! Love those vibrant colors.

I also love seeing how everyone interpreted the circles without the stamp. Each variation works!

2 Likes

These all turned out great! My days have been a jumble again as I’m isolating in my room again, so I missed out. I will make at least one this year. I feel I can commit to that!

3 Likes

I love the way your quote cannot be constrained by the circles, and also the colors you used. Gorgeous!

3 Likes

Today’s page playing in the back of my DCPJ. Playing with color schemes using watercolor pencils and adding doodles with a stabilo pen 68 and white Uniball signo.

9 Likes

Here are some pages I finished during my local craft zoom last night.
They were all already in some stage of progress.

Working on white space

Working with more of a neutral palette

And just for fun

12 Likes

Oooo…I love the first one especially and the subtle geekiness of the last one. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been making fodder and master boards while on zoom.

13 Likes

I finally finished my January page.

I also made post cards using the prompts and sent them out to 3 members of the group.

I like making post cards and I’ll make more in February if I get more addresses.

9 Likes

I love these!

2 Likes

I practiced the one-line faces lesson from Sarah Trumpp during the NYE Artsy Meetup Marathon. This using kids’ art supplies at school so the coloring is so-so.

I’ll keep practicing!

7 Likes

Love these! I’d love to learn more about how you did your sgraffito.

1 Like

Wow, everything is so fabulous!! All those classes seem to be inspiring some wonderful new work.

Life is getting quite busy for me at the moment, so I haven’t signed up for any of the online classes, much as I wanted to (I didn’t manage to finish the last one I signed up for, it’s still sitting there patiently). But I’m getting so much inspiration from all of you! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Joining in! I’m still in the newbie category but learned some interesting things last year! Things I liked and things I tried but probably won’t do again and then the 500000 rabbit holes you all helped send me down :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome! Here’s a fresh rabbit hole to get started: :laughing:

Extending an existing image by cutting it up and painting the space in between

I was looking for things to do with old glossy calendars, and so far this is the winner for me. Not that I’ve actually done it yet…

4 Likes

bahaha well good thing I cannot paint if my life depended on it! I’m more the abstract, shapes, free form, was that a mistake or happy accident kind of paper crafter!

2 Likes

I tend to like to create with circles. I am finally watching Bird Box (read book ages ago), and playing with tube watercolor overlapping circles, then some black acrylic circles, then white acrylic circles.

13 Likes

ohhhh thats pretty!!!

2 Likes

I was inspired by your watercolor circles and played around a bit tonight. I think I might doodle in them later

10 Likes

Ooh, I love the effect of yours! The blues I’m drawn to especially. I’m bit obsessed today!

14 Likes