Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I was always a suck up in school…lol…guess that is why I am a rebel now, but some habits are hard to break…I am impatient and am trying very hard not to try very hard at these lessons…my arm does not want to scribble…it just doesn’t…lol

LOL…too bad I can’t send Ruby over to help you out! She has done some masterful scribbling.

lol I could use her coaching…I am going to try a little later to relax more…this does not have to be a masterpiece…just an exercise…

2 Likes

I thought I’d be able to get caught up this weekend, but it’s looking unlikely. I have 2 items on the top of the list, and while the class is third, craft-wise, I have other non-craft things to tackle first (progress report grades, a board meeting on Saturday, and a car appointment, and laundry, dishes, and food prep). So much adulting…

1 Like

I hate that adulting means having to think about fixing dinner…what did I do when I was working full time? I swear I probably just are soup on my own…

1 Like

I am really struggling with this black and white challenge. I did not think I would!

4 Likes

For some odd reason, I have been craving fish sandwiches… so out came the fish sticks! I put them on potato rolls with a smidgen of cheese and a dab of mayo. Hit the spot!

But, I really should eat more veggies!

And, back to journaling, I think I need to make a food themed page. Maybe one about all of the things I love that are bad for me… carbs, chocolate, cheese, candy, coffee…

1 Like

I’ve been watching the Alisa Burke videos every day but not necessarily doing the exercises in real time. Tonight I did the black and white prompt. Sort of – turns out the big-girl art journal I got for Christmas has cream pages and my cheap white gesso is crap, so this is “create with black and (off-)white.” Still, I’m increasingly less unhappy with it, so :+1:t2:.

7 Likes

This is really cool! I may try some of these soon. Thanks for sharing!

I haven’t even started the videos yet - maybe tomorrow… :snail: :art:

I love seeing everyone’s beautiful work!

1 Like

It looks great! I really found that prompt a challenge. I hadn’t realized how much I relied on color. I love black and white but when that’s all I have to work with I find myself stuck pretty quick thinking “what next?” I don’t see any evidence of that in your page.

3 Likes

You gals! @Edel gifted me with the 30 day class y’all are taking, what an angel that woman is! I’ll catch up & art along with you once I get the basement studio set up. This weekend is all about organization :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How awesome!!! I can’t wait to see what you do with it! :heart:

See, I think I’m going to struggle with the “choose colors without thinking about it/worrying about it going together” one :laughing:. Having the limits took a lot of the stress out of it for me.

2 Likes

@megwell this page is BEAUTIFUL! I like the dry brush/dragging. I love the milky white over the black. The cut areas on the left.

It has a surreal, frenetic feel. Super love.

1 Like

I really thought your page was quite exuberant! I see a lot of potential if you decide to use it as a background as well…love how the brush strokes show up…the texture is quite lovely…

1 Like

Yay! @Edel is the best!

2 Likes

I’m currently doing the past few lessons. Just have the last two to do and I’ll be caught up. I’ll be posting them all once I’m done. I’m having a lot of fun with this and it has been helpful since I’m someone who tries to be so neat with everything.

4 Likes

Here we go.

One Line

Use your hands

Black and White

Connect with Color

Play with Shapes

8 Likes

I love them!!