Athletic Jacket Refashion

I used to work for an online bank and we got LOTS of swag… my favorite thing was a workout jacket. Really well made, fitted and great for cycling. BUT the front has their logo on it.

I slapped a patch over that icky logo and now I can wear it again!! Yeah!!

Before… with logo partially covered

After

On me

I was a tiny bit worried about the patch keeping the jacket from stretching properly but it worked ok!

Patch made by me of the Aperture Science logo from the game Portal.

21 Likes

That is brilliant, such a clever way of keeping the jacket functional.

3 Likes

Super great save! And inspiring; we’ve a few logo jackets around that are too nice to get rid of, but even if they were from current workplaces neither of us are particularly interested in being advertising for, well, nearly anything.

3 Likes

This is a great idea! I should do this to the jacket I got from my last job. :grin:

2 Likes

Smart fix, with the added benefit of the subtle nod to your fandom! I love it!

2 Likes

Nice! I did something similar for a jacket of my husband’s, but I’ll have to keep the portal idea in mind if I have to do another one sometime, especially since that ought to be pretty easy to applique and make bigger…

2 Likes

Great save! I did the same with Mr Imma’s backpack! It was a nice looking sturdy backpack but it had a logo on it from a previous employer that he really hated, so he never used it. I sewed a band patch over the logo.

3 Likes

Brilliant idea! I bought a sturdy, gently used Pottery Barn backpack off of eBay. It was dirt cheap because it was monogrammed. I slapped a Harry Potter patch over it. My kiddo has been carrying it for three years now.

3 Likes

Congratulations, this is one of this week’s featured projects!

1 Like

It looks like it was made there. Cool jacket!

2 Likes

I’m always looking for ways to cover up company logos and this is tops!

1 Like