Aunt Sukie's Table Runner, for Aunt Donna šŸ

In November this quilt block, called Aunt Sukieā€™s Choice, was the Block of the Month in the Quiltalong. I didnā€™t have an ongoing project I wanted to use it in, so I decided to pull out some honeybee themed fat quarters I had picked them up to make something for my Aunt Donna, but didnā€™t really know what I wanted to make. Uncle Mike has been keeping bees for a few years, and now they sell his honey together at local farmerā€™s markets in New Hampshire. How about a table runner for their market stall?

When I picked up the fat quarter bundles, I wasnā€™t sure what I was going to make, so I got 3 bundles of 5 fabrics, and only ended up using 2 of them on the blocks; the yellow honeycomb print, and the green bee & flowers print. (The white and the red corners were scraps in my stash.) I did end up using a 3rd print as the backing, a floral with a white background.

Since my aunt sews, Iā€™m going to send the rest of the fat quarters from the bundles along with the table runner. Maybe she can make something else fun for their display with them. Overall, Iā€™m pretty happy with the project, even though I didnā€™t really have much of a plan. I just kinda jumped in and started making. It was a nice reminder that as quilters, we donā€™t always have to make a whole quilt! Sometimes something smaller can be just as fun, and meaningful.

21 Likes

Beautiful! I see the quilts you ladies do and hope to be able to make things that beautiful someday!

1 Like

So bright and fun.

1 Like

This is beautifulā€¦ Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll love it!

1 Like

Itā€™s so pretty! I love the bee fabrics, and the floral backing is gorgeous!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a really sweet creation from no plan!

1 Like

So beautiful! I love how so many in your family enjoy the same crafts as well and you can all pass this around.

1 Like

That is a wonderful, heirloom gift. Love it! It is so personal with the bee-related fabrics. And so sweet of you to send the other fabric along as a bonus.

1 Like

How pretty!

1 Like

This is so pretty! The fabric and pattern are so nice.

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the idea that itā€™s for a market stall.

I am guilty of seeing quilting as an overwhelming project. Thanks for the inspiration to think smaller!

2 Likes

What a gorgeous piece and a wonderful end use!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like