Baba Yaga style walking house

Did This for the Halloween Advent Swap.

Started as one of those $1 papermache birdhouses from craft stores (I bought it for .25 at a thrift store years ago). The house is covered with paper clay. The legs are paper clay over wire. The book is a kids board book covered paper and painted with gold. Embellished with a string of autumn leaves, miniature gravestones & Tim Holtz bones & eyeball.

26 Likes

Omg I’m obsessed! It’s wonderful. You did an amazing job. I’m jealous!!! Did you post this on “Art I Did Because of Coronavirus” on facebook? Or did I imagine that?

2 Likes

I did not - but it definitely fits the criteria! I was so grateful for the swap as it kept my mind busy.

2 Likes

This is wonderful! Love the quote - very fitting. :laughing:

2 Likes

Love it so much! I was just contemplating doing a collage of Baba Yaga’s hut for Drawtober’s “Folklore” prompt this week. This looks so awesome it may just inspire me to actually make my collage.

2 Likes

I love this little walking house. So quaint.

I have a baba yaga costume and chicken house for trunk or treat, but cancelled this year. But maybe for zoom Halloweens!

2 Likes

Shut up! This is amazing.

2 Likes

Hmm maybe I just saw it looking through the swap thread, then… :thinking:

You did a great job on this!

2 Likes

my first thought was “how in the world?!?” Seriously, this is the coolest!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Baba Yaga Style Walking House is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

2 Likes

WOW! This is super awesome!

2 Likes

Love them chook legs!

2 Likes

mine! it really is fantastic! it’s going to be one of those pieces that will be displayed all year round. each person that has seen it so far has marveled at it. so fun!

3 Likes

This is so much fun and I love that you took something as simple as a papermache birdhouses that we see all the time and transformed it into this. It’s incredible!

1 Like

this is just pure awesomeness

1 Like