Baba Yaga style walking house

Did This for the Halloween Advent Swap.

Started as one of those $1 papermache birdhouses from craft stores (I bought it for .25 at a thrift store years ago). The house is covered with paper clay. The legs are paper clay over wire. The book is a kids board book covered paper and painted with gold. Embellished with a string of autumn leaves, miniature gravestones & Tim Holtz bones & eyeball.

22 Likes

Omg I’m obsessed! It’s wonderful. You did an amazing job. I’m jealous!!! Did you post this on “Art I Did Because of Coronavirus” on facebook? Or did I imagine that?

1 Like

I did not - but it definitely fits the criteria! I was so grateful for the swap as it kept my mind busy.

1 Like

This is wonderful! Love the quote - very fitting. :laughing:

1 Like

Love it so much! I was just contemplating doing a collage of Baba Yaga’s hut for Drawtober’s “Folklore” prompt this week. This looks so awesome it may just inspire me to actually make my collage.

1 Like

I love this little walking house. So quaint.

I have a baba yaga costume and chicken house for trunk or treat, but cancelled this year. But maybe for zoom Halloweens!

1 Like

Shut up! This is amazing.

1 Like

Hmm maybe I just saw it looking through the swap thread, then… :thinking:

You did a great job on this!

1 Like

my first thought was “how in the world?!?” Seriously, this is the coolest!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Baba Yaga Style Walking House is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

WOW! This is super awesome!

1 Like

Love them chook legs!

1 Like