Baby dinosaurs

OK, @storerboughtcreation has officially created a monster. When she taught me how to crochet amigurumi this spring, I never realized just how obsessed I’d get! Lately I’ve been pouring all of my excess anxious 2020 energy into yarn. Most recently, I’ve been making these super adorable baby dinosaurs!

First I made this one as a gift for a friend, using an H hook and bulky yarn:

Then I used an F hook with worsted weight and made an even smoller boi! :slight_smile:

These are made with this awesome free pattern, which seems easily adaptable to make other types of open-mouth creatures!

I kind of want to make a huge colorful herd of them! I was originally planning to try to make some Christmas ornaments with light weight yarn, but I think the worsted weight one is actually small enough, so I may just make more of those!

And here’s a bonus slightly creepy photo taken right after I started the second one:

28 Likes

You guys, she tried to blame me for staying up too late crocheting the other night. :joy:

I take credit for creating a crochet-o-holic, possible yarn hoarder, and ami fanatic, though :grin:

5 Likes

Adorable!!

1 Like

A monster indeed, a horrible horrible monster XD the best kind of monster. They are so cute, and a herd of them sounds lile the best plan ever

1 Like

Ha! This is funny… it’s easy to tell that you guys have been friends a long time! :joy:

These little guys are so cute!

2 Likes

Seriously cute!

1 Like

What sweeties!

1 Like

Too flipping cute!!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

Oh my! How cute are these?? Too cute, that’s how!

1 Like

Cute, cute, cute!!!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! You almost make me want to learn crochet. Almost. Hahaha! Yarn is my kryptonite. These are so cute. I adore them. They look so happy!

5 Likes

I honestly like the little one holding his buddies head!

1 Like

Ahhh! If you do make a herd, you gotta update!!! Too cute! The moufs!

1 Like

If you want to learn to crochet, I can try to teach you over Skype! :blush:

3 Likes