Baby skirt (sewing)

I made this skirt for a coworker’s baby from this pattern by MadeByMePatterns. Baby clothing is my favorite to sew. Quick and doesn’t take a ton of fabric. Good stash buster though I confess I bought the fabric for this project specifically. :heart:

Hard to see in this close-up but the fabric has little light green and pink x’s.

13 Likes

That is so cute! Did you use a pattern?

1 Like

this is adorable. I can make out the pink. but I bet the buttons you used will help bring out the green.

1 Like

Thank you!!

I did use a pattern! I’ll dig up the pattern link when I’m back on my laptop in just a moment. It was through a shop on Etsy but not in the recent purchases I made when I looked. Probably means I bought it a bit ago so will take a bit more sleuthing than I can do on my cell phone. :smile:

That is a cute little jumper! I agree about baby clothes being great stashbusters. It’s too bad I don’t have any babies to sew for anymore!

1 Like

Found it! Link to pattern shop has been added. <3

It is such a cute skirt! Great work!

I love sewing for babies too, it is done quickly and I just love me some cute fabrics :smile:

1 Like

So cute!

I wish I had a baby or three to sew for…

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

You can all sew for my baby haha! She’s a giant tho, so probs not as fun. (She wears 3T clothes at 15 months!)

I love the fabric choice here, it is fluttery without being saccharine and the skirt isn’t too long that the baby can’t crawl (if it is a crawler sized outfit that is, hard to tell if it is for too little a babe for that from just the pic.) Love it!

2 Likes

Thanks! I will check out the pattern!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like

:arrow_up: So/“sew” cute? I see what you did there! And it is too, it is so sew cute!

1 Like

That is such a lovely gift!

1 Like

That is adorable, I love all the crosses, and the finished product is so cute. Well done

1 Like