Baby's first stocking

My friend asked me to make her baby’s Christmas stocking. She chose the pattern and colors. I was able to make the whole thing from stash yarn!

Can i just say though how much of an honor it is to be asked to make such a keepsake :face_holding_back_tears:

27 Likes

What a great honor, and what a sweet little stocking. Love the tree, and how you shaped the sock. How big is it?

1 Like

It’s like a gift in itself to be able to make the stocking for her baby. I’m imagining a floppy fuzzy bunny with lop ears hanging out of it. Or maybe a lion with an amazing mane.
I could see a line of these along the mantel, each with their own emblem.

3 Likes

What a sweet and charming little stocking! I have had this honor and can relate to just how meaningful it is to be asked. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

About 15 inches or so. It folded to fit in a standard manila envelope when I mailed it. I didnt even think to measure it, I just measured the fireplace where it had been hanging for the picture :laughing: I went down a hook size from the pattern because it just felt enormous when I started it. I’m glad I did because I had almost no yarn left at the end.

1 Like

Good idea! I’m probably going to use this pattern to remake my family’s stockings for next year. My oldest 2 have Charlie Brown fleece ones with their names embroidered. My youngest has a plain red blanket yarn crocheted one. Hubby has a crocheted one from his grandmother. Mine is a storebought one with a stuffed puppy head.

1 Like

good job! very cute :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s adorable!

1 Like

So sweet. Perfect for growing with a little one.

1 Like

So, so sweet! What pattern did you use?

1 Like

The colors make it even sweeter, and yes, it is an honor to make that. It’s absolutely adorable.

2 Likes

Ponderosa stocking by Nella’s Cottage

1 Like

Beautiful and sweet.

1 Like

:ice_cube: :sunglasses: Nice, nice, baby! This awesome project is one of this week’s features! Congrats! :sunglasses: :ice_cube:

2 Likes

Such a lovely keepsake and beautifully done!

1 Like

looks great! super sweet

1 Like

This is so sweet and adorable! I love that you got to be part of making a keepsake that the baby will grow up with. I love the toe and heel detail.

1 Like