Back to my crafty roots: Bead lizards! 🦎 ART 2020 Q1 Challenge Entry

The distant past, the year 2000… picture little 11 year old me painstakingly selecting pony bead colors and cranking out dozens of bead lizards with which to shower my friends and family. It was one of my favorite crafts at school activity time. So prolific was my lizarding that when I asked my mom if she still had one, she found it the next day!

So here is my 20 year old pony bead lizard next to a newborn seed bead friend. :lizard: :lizard:

For these miniature versions, I used fine beading wire to make them poseable.

Since I had a pair, I decided to make them earrings!

Turns out I enjoy making them just as much as I did as a kid. I want to make a dozen more.

27 Likes

aww…how wonderful to reconnect to something you loved as a child! They really are cute as tiny miniatures…and I think you might be setting a trend by making them into earrings…SO CUTE!

1 Like

I love the action shot! Both you and your earrings are adorable!

1 Like

Oh, I love these! I would totally wear a pair of them, even to my office. My corporate costume needs some weirding up!

1 Like

How adorable!!

I have a son your age and one a bit younger and they were doing the same thing back then. I have a lizard in my craft room made by one of them.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, I remember these! They make very cute earrings. Nice job!

1 Like

super cute. I like the original and the mini ones!

1 Like

I just love this. Moms keep everything! The earrings are adorable, I’d wear them!

2 Likes

Oh goodness…I love this so much! To rediscover a childhood favorite, and to make it miniature! Genius! Also, they make the perfect earrings.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, they’re adorable!!!

1 Like

These could NOT be cuter!!!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, those earrings are marvelous! If I were you I would wear them all the time! I cannot Express how much I love them!

1 Like

You definitely win the price for most unexpected craft to miniaturize!! I really love them, and they are so cute as earrings!!

1 Like

Ohh, this takes me back :blush: I think I made about two back in the day and thought they were a hassle, so I’m super impressed you were able to miniaturize them.

1 Like

The earrings are as precious as your mom still having a 20 year OG version. and i ADORE they do not match.

I could see someone wiggly eyebrows requesting these…

:shamrock: :heartbeat: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Ooh, fun!

I keep remembering the theory that the things you did for fun at ages 10-12 are probably still fun & worth going back to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are so cute!
(And you are so young, lol.)

2 Likes

Those earrings are so cute.

1 Like

Yesss!! I use to make these too! I love that you made them wearable! Great use of fun minis :smiley:

1 Like

I’m the same age as @AcadianDriftwood! I love that we have members of all generations here. My favourite crafts at that age were friendship bracelets and hair wraps.

4 Likes