Baked pasta and herbed cheese bread

Ok, I am up to rewriting this, heh.

I was feeding three grandkids, three adults, and two old farts, so I needed a lot, and boy this was a lot, :rofl:. I sliced the 4 halves of bread (only 3 are in the pic above), into 5 to six slices each, and there were only 9 slices left after everyone was done eating, :grinning: . As for the pasta, there was a little less than half left…I made a looooot, heh.

The cheese bread:

Oregano, thyme, marjoram, and fresh parsley mixed in butter with sauted garlic. Slathered onto each slice, then topped with mozzarella, cheddar, then a dusting of parmesan (The cheap stuff). Baked at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.

The pasta:

A large can of chopped tomatoes, a medium can of tomato sauce, mixed in with slices of leek (Trust me when I say my wife was not amused by that purchase. My car sprung a leek. The bag was about to tear and leek. My coffee cup got a leek. Etc. Even had the eldest granddaughter rolling her eyes, :grin: ), dried basil, oregano, thyme, ground fennel, nutmeg, a small tiny pinch of ground clove, 1+1/2 Tbls. sugar, white wine, salt and pepper, and a few dashes of paprika, 1+1/2 lb hamburger fried with garlic, oregano, and thyme to mask the hamburger flavor. Partially cooked the penne, then blended it all together. Put half of the mixture into the pan, then layered mozzarella and cheddar, poured the rest of the mixture into the pan, and put another layer of mozzarella and cheddar. After heating the sauce, then preparing the noodles, I baked the complete thing at 350 for 35 minutes.

I wanted to put some sliced spinach onto the bread, but by the time I got to that point I was ready to curl up into a ball and bawl my widdle eyes out from the pain, heh. So I decided against it.

Man, I love food. :grin:

Here’s a pic of my cup with the leek.

13 Likes

Perfect meal for all.
It’s cold and rainy here today in San Francisco and that looks like the perfect meal for me.

1 Like

Man. That looks tasty!!!

3 Likes

Hoo boy! 48 is way too old to stay standing that long, and playing with the grandkids that much, heh.

Anyway, it all went off as well as usual. The kids and grandkids love all my cooking, :smiley: .

Though, I am exhauste. I hope I can get most of the dishes cleaned tomorrow. Yeesh! Heh!

1 Like