Bar Clasp Mini-Diva Wallet

I got these bar clasps to make a wallet in another swap and bought a pattern that had two designs on it. I decided to finally try the other pattern.

I got this pretty batik fabric. I am seriously loving batiks lately.
The wallet opens up to reveal two zippered pockets, a slip pocket (center) and two 2-card holders, along with the open pocket areas.

It came out a little wonky. I saw another pattern that you make with an embroidery machine in a hoop, but I don’t have that. It was a simplified version that I think I like better and might try to figure out on my own.
I think the fabric is pretty though!

11 Likes

It’s cute! I’m sure you could figure out a decent pattern

1 Like

that’s pretty cool!
I think that if you used iron-on interfacing to stabilize the fabric, it would look more crisp and less wonky.
pretty fabric!

That’s gorgeous & impressive.

1 Like

It is iron in interfacing. The inside is just scrunched weird. The thickness has to be exact to fit in the clasp, so you can’t alter it too much with interfacing or layers.
The wonky is more that it is not squared.

2 Likes

oops.

1 Like

Love the colours of the fabrics chosen, and I’m certain you’ll figure it out eventually, or find an easier pattern.

1 Like

Wow! Love the fabric and that pattern (so many pockets/sections!) “A little wonky” just proves it’s handmade, right?
:wink:

1 Like

It’s a great wallet! The asymmetry just looks like it’s wearing it’s hat at a jaunty angle!

1 Like

What a pretty wallet! It looks like you can fit a lot in there. I like the color scheme you went with, the blue plays really well with the batik!

1 Like

I knew the pattern was tricky when I started from all the reviews, but I attempted it anyways. Hopefully, after doing it once, I can try to work up a simplified version that will still work with the clasp.

1 Like