Barrel tile roof in miniature help

Anybody happen to have a regular, life size roof tile sitting around? The curved kind that look kind of like drain pipes.
If you don’t mind, could you please measure it and post the size? The measurements I can find online seem way too big.

Please don’t climb on the roof, I’d rather have an out of scale mini than have you take a chance!

Any ideas for making these in 1" scale?I
Not clay, maybe cardboard?

I scored a few of these in a miniatures building materials grab bag from a thrift shop years ago so I know they are commercially available somewhere. The clay tile measures 3 cm wide by 2 cm deep. I also included a photo of scalloped chipboard shingles that I work with often, just in case they might be a substitute for what you are working on. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks! Do you know what scale those are?
I’m hoping for measurements of a real life size tile to be sure. The real life tiles I found online were 13.5" wide, 34 cm, but that includes a flange thingie. I think the 1:12 tiles should be around 3/4" wide per hump, about 2 cm. If that’s right, your tiles are probably 1:24 scale.

But the test tiles I made look ginormous, and I don’t want them taking all the attention.

Test tiles, made of dampened cardboard shaped over hot glue sticks:

1 Like

Sorry, no clue. They came in a grab bag, just a few of them.

1 Like

I know this is not a fresh post, but the measurements you mentioned for real roof tiles sound right to me. I don’t have any, but have seen them up close in the past.

1 Like

Thanks! This part of the project is looming.

1 Like