Basic Baskets - Crochet

I do the same thing! Lots of baskets and bowls for crochet projects - I just throw the hook in there so I don’t forget what size I am using.

I especially like it for paper crafts. I can just sweep the table off into a bin.

1 Like

So useful and pretty!

1 Like

I am looking at your baskets again to see how the handles & top are finished. Looks like you crocheted around the line of sc for the handles which makes an interesting look & probably a nice smooth grip. It’s similar visually to crab stitch which is how I wanted to finish the top of mine but I always forget how to start it in the round! This free tutorial explains it. I like the look & it tightens up the last row of stitches if you’re using a soft yarn (which I am) that can otherwise get a bit wavy.
I’m so happy you posted your baskets, it inspired me to retrieve all the chunky yarn I put in the give-away pile & make something useful with it instead!

4 Likes

Oh yeah! That stitch looks great! I finished it with a row of slip stitches, but I like this better.

I just learned a lot from this post…thanks to you, @susieoregon and @magpie!

2 Likes

Wahoo! Your wonderful project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Thanks for sharing it here with us!

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thanks.

1 Like

Oh wow, I love these!

1 Like

Oh, my goodness! These are so wonderful. I adore them!

1 Like

These are fab! Stylish + practical = love!

1 Like

These are so cool!! They’re so modern! I love the colors! Great pattern!

1 Like

My favourite is the shorter one with white, it would be great to put a house plant in :herb: