Bat & Candy Corn cards

For a couple of my Halloween cards this year, I carved some rubber stamps.
One stamp is a bat that I believe is from a vintage valentine. I’ve had the image printed and sitting in my stamp-carving case for a long while.
Here it is, stamped with Staz-On jet ink and Derwent watercolor pencils to color the hat. The candy background is from LittleHotTamale on Etsy. The rest is cardstock. Next time I’ll get better ink coverage.

The other stamp is a big piece of candy corn of my own design. This is also stamped with Staz-On jet ink and colored with Derwent watercolor pencils. The cross-hatch background is from the same Etsy seller. I realize now that I colored the candy corn a bit wrong, but oh well, you get the gist.

Another good outcome is I’m teaching my son how to carve his own stamps. He’s very excited.

11 Likes

These are so cool! That little bat is adorable and I’m in awe that you carved these yourself.

1 Like

I love these! That little batty is so cute and the candy corn… classic! I always forget that the orange in the middle on candy corn… because it “should” go from dark to light, right? :face_with_spiral_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Right?? That’s what I was thinking.

1 Like

Nice! At first I thought the bat was a flying monkey, it even has the hat.

1 Like

Wow, great carving! Love the sketchy look of the candy corn.

1 Like

So cute and what awesome carving skills!

1 Like

These are great! Love the incorporation of your carved stamps!

1 Like

These are great! I like the shading detail on the candy corn.
How fun that your kiddo is carving too! I hope he will share his creations.

2 Likes