Batwing collar

I made this for @Chr1stchan in the Use What You Have Swap. She likes spooky, witchy things and she had pinned a similar collar in her Pinterest. I knew I could tackle this! I studied the picture and decided that the best way to proceed was to take a shirt collar pattern and draft in the pointy bat parts I made 2-3 paper drafts and 2 fabric mock-ups before I cut into my good fabric. I was really happy with how it turned out and now my daughters and I are thinking that we, too, might need bat collars!

The outer fabric is a faux leather and it is lined with black cotton. It closes with a hook and eye. I debated making short little ribbon ties, but went the invisible closure route in the end.

33 Likes

I didn’t think I needed a batwing collar until you posted pictures of the one you made! Well done you!

4 Likes

This is so cool. It’s spooky yet classy looking.

3 Likes

THIS! IS! BATASTIC! Batwing collars for all!

2 Likes

So fabulous. Love the faux leather - super batty looking!

2 Likes

And it turned out so CUTE!

3 Likes

It sure did! In my mind, it needs to be accompanied by a batty fascinator :smiley:

1 Like

Right?! It’s like none of us knew what we were missing out on!

I like that about it, too.

Hear! Hear! :bat:

That was a fortunate stash find!

:blush:

I think you’re absolutely right!!

Thanks, everybody!

3 Likes

That is soooo cool!!

3 Likes

I think the whole world needs these Bat collars :bat:

2 Likes

He he he. Just what everyone needs!!! Love it!

1 Like

This makes me so happy. I love it.

2 Likes

This is so well done!! Perfect fabric choice, too! I fear I must join the ranks of those who need a bat collar now

1 Like

That fabric choice is spot on. Well done.

1 Like

Beautiful work
the points are so nicely done
I agree that the invisible closure was the way to go

2 Likes

Maybe all Lettuce Crafters need the crafty gang patch AND a batwing collar. :grin:

4 Likes

Flawless victory!! :black_heart:

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

That’s so cool!

1 Like

I love how it doesn’t scream “Bats!” yet is unmistakably bat wings. I love this very much, and I would absolutely wear it to school on Halloween (well, not this year, probably)! Clever you to work out such a great design!

1 Like