Bavarian Stitch baby afghan

I started doing this in the Bavarian Stitch but got tired of such a heavy design so decided to end with a few plain rounds. Still not sure if I like it or not though. I will probably donate it somewhere.

29 Likes

Gosh, that does look like a lot of work - I’m just a crochet novice, so it looks daunting! The colours are so cheerful :rainbow:

2 Likes

That stitch is gorgeous but definitely looks intense. I bet the blanket is really warm though. Anyone would be lucky to have it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it came out great.

2 Likes

i like the plain band round. it finishes the piece really well.

and anyone would love this as a donated gift! What a boon!

3 Likes

I love the look of this stitch and I love the way the colors worked up!

2 Likes

Very pretty! I love the yarn you used.

3 Likes

Very pretty stitch! Nice work.

2 Likes

My brain is struggling to process how you made this magical blanket! The colors are so wild and wonderful how they come together in all the patterns. I love it so much!

2 Likes

I love the stitches and I love the yarn, but I’m not sure it works together though… I personally think the pattern will work better with a plain colour or just 2 colours.
The yarn makes it hard to see the pretty stitches. (I am only trying to give a comment that will hopefully be helpful! Not meant to be mean!)

Thanks for sharing! I will have to try the Bavarian stitch!

3 Likes

My brain struggled to start this blanket but once I got the hang of the stitches, it went okay.

1 Like

I don’t take your comment as being mean, you’re being honest what you think and I’m good with that. I don’t like how the variegation worked on this at all and, if I ever made this again, I’d use a solid.

4 Likes

Even if the stitch is heavy it looks awesome, and I love the yarn.

2 Likes

Love this stitch.

2 Likes

I had hoped you felt like that about my comment.

Nothing wrong with your stitching, that is as neat as can get. I have the same thing with variegated yarn, sometimes it doesn’t work for the pattern I chose.

I hope you will make another blanket using this stitch, it so beautifiul!

5 Likes

There’s a stitch I’ve never tried. I’d like to learn it though. It makes a gorgeous afghan.

2 Likes

Lovely afghan.

1 Like

So pretty! Love the colors and the stitch is amazing!!! Such a great texture :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You are awesome! Yahoo! You are one of the featured projects for this week! Congrats!

1 Like

Oh this is so pretty! Love the colors and design.

1 Like