Be Kind to Your Kindle: Sewn Kindle Case

When I replaced my old kindle (RIP old friend), I vowed to take better care the new one, part of which was to religiously keep in a case.

Backstory: I cracked the screen on my first kindle in its first two weeks of life. Mr. Road did a screen swap for me and saved it, and it ended up lasting me many years before definitively dying.

I’ve now had my 2nd Kindle for…longer than I’d like to admit without a case. :see_no_evil:

But no more! I’ve been on a reading frenzy lately and that motivated me to dig through my stash and whip something up. I tried looking for a pattern on line, but didn’t quickly see anything that matched what I wanted (keep it simple!), so I decided to wing it. Nothing fancy, and definitely not perfect, but it will get the job done.

I lined it with some flannel I had in my stash. There’s also a layer of batting in between the fabrics for extra protection.

It’s a perfect fit! (I’m not going to tell you that this was my the second attempt at the outside pouch to make it fit… :shushing_face:)

Fabric is screen printed by @sheepBlue and the cool button was a gift from @PerfectlyBohemian. I love looking at it and using it every day.

17 Likes

This is such a good use of that print :grin: Sounds like your kindle has a cushy home to be stored in. Fab job!

1 Like

That is so dang fab!

1 Like

I love projects like this - the kind that make you smile every time you use them. Nice job!

1 Like

Your Kindle will be so safe, stylish, and snug now!

1 Like

100%! :smiley:

1 Like

This came out amazing! What a cozy home for your kindle. :smiley:

1 Like

Wonderful use of these goodies, and the closure is inspiring me to do the same kind of thing on a pouch I’ve been meaning to finish!

1 Like

The closure is a hair tie! I wrapped embroidery floss around one end to keep the loop together then stitched into my blanket stitch top finishing.

2 Likes

How creative and fun! Being a person who has cracked screens on more than one device, I really appreciate this!

1 Like

Even better!

1 Like

I’m sure your Kindle is much happier now! It’s the best-dressed Kindle around!

1 Like

I love that you will think of your LC swap friends every time you take your Kindle out of its sleeve.

1 Like