Be the Very Best

Playing with some new supplies with this one. I purchased some KingArt gel crayons back in the fall and had not used them yet. I watched some vidoes and then gave it a go. I really like how this turned out. I then used a gold gel pen (gelly roll, also first time with this brand) to add the corner flourishes and stars. The quote is a sticker. It just happened to have the same colors as the painting I did (I didn’t know I had this before I painted so it was a nice surprise). This is for my art journal.

19 Likes

This is beautiful, and it’s great that you like using your new gel crayons. The gold adds just the right amount of bling, and your scroll work in the corners frames it all nicely.

1 Like

I like the scroll work in the corner, too. Nicely done!

This is so cool!

Wow, I was shocked to find out that it was a coincidence that the sticker coordinated with the background. They look so PERFECTLY matched!!!

Lovely work!

Pretty! I had also recently got some gel crayons for Xmas. I put them on my list to try hoping they would be like gelatos, but much cheaper. I will have to try them out tomorrow!

I’ve never heard of gel crayons. I’m going to have to check them out.

Very pretty piece.

That will be a great page to come across in your journal! Vibrant and cheerful.
I’ll have to check those crayons out too, I’ve never heard of a crayon you can draw on top of with anything, they usually resist it all.

These are the ones I have. Great price too.
https://smile.amazon.com/KINGART-Artist-Mixed-Media-Sticks/dp/B07FD34939/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=kingart+gel+crayons&qid=1581280058&sr=8-1

Finding something that works well with your current project is great :smiley: and I love the decorative corners :smiley: It’s a really cute art