Be YOU! Cross Body Bag

I’ve been around fabric my entire life, from my gran who taught me to sew and pattern at age 5 to the sweet elderly neighbor who watched me after school and allowed me to help her with the beautiful quilts that she made.

I am odd in that I usually only ever buy fabric if I know its intended purpose beforehand, but this particular print screamed “BUY ME!!”, so I did. :smile:

After much muddling about what to make with it, I turned it into a cross body bag for myself. It has an exterior zipper pocket and is completely lined inside with french seams. The strap adjusts out to 59".

24 Likes

WOW! This sounds so well constructed and it’s so cheerful to look at and then even more so when you see the messages!

1 Like

Great fabric!!! I think you chose the perfect project to show it off and spread its message.

1 Like

I am in love with your bag! Agree that this was the perfect use for that fabulous fabric.

1 Like

What a gorgeous bag…and you are so lucky to have your gran and sweet neighbor who nurtured your love for sewing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome bag!

1 Like

Turned out great! I love that you made your own pattern to fit how you like your bag…the fabric is perfect!

1 Like

Be-You-tiful!

1 Like

I wore my bag out in public for the first time today on a trip to the grocery store. Two different ladies noticed and mentioned my bag to me, one was in her late teens and the other was in her 60’s. :grin:

3 Likes

Congrats! Your project has been Featured this week!

1 Like

Lovely bag and awesome fabric. I love a cross body bag. They are so handy and I am sure all those extra pockets help keep you organized.

2 Likes