BeaG's 200 Project

Today I posted the 200th BG on my Blog. Hooray, milestone!
I thought that called for a special art project.

I was busy in the past two weeks, making a photo animation of one hundred photo’s (two hundred felt like overkill) where each one shows for 2 seconds in a continuous loop.
The GIF itself is of course too big to show here on LC.
The photo’s have a ‘200’ overlay (I’ll explain later)

I edited the photo’s and made the animation in Photoshop. Sounds simple. But I have a new PC, an iMac, without Photoshop, but with Affinity Photo and Publishing software, that I still have te learn how to use. So we set up my old Windows pc in my studio, so that I could still use Photoshop over there when I needed it. But my old pc died within two weeks (seems like I replaced it just in time). So Marc set up some old, slow and noisy laptop with Photoshop for me (a newer version than I was used to). And that’s what I used to edit the photo’s and make the animation.

Then for the overlays. First I made a large number ‘200’ in MS Word, in Word art, with only outlines. Then I mirrored it and printed it twice on sturdy white paper.
Why mirror it? So that the lines wouldn’t show on the front when I cut them out (by hand, with scissors).
I made two kinds of ‘overlays’ for my photo’s: 1. a white background, with ‘200’ cut out of it, and 2. the numbers 2, 0 and 0 cut out individually.

Because of the low daylight at this time of the year, I first bought a led light ring for around/behind my phone camera.
Then I thought up and collected (from the house and from my room of requirement) all kinds of materials and objects that would make for a nice background for a photo. I photographed those materials, each with both kinds of overlays laid on top of them.
Marc helped me with this and we very much enjoyed the process together.
It was especially hard to lay the two inner parts of the zero’s with the white background exactly in the right spot.

Here are the first six pictures of the animation:

I hope you like them (there’s 94 more pictures in the animation on my Blog, LOL).

10 Likes

Congratulations on this milestone! And what a cool way to celebrate it.

1 Like

Congratulations!

Love seeing how creative you got with the different images…of course, the yarn one is my favorite as it seems to be sort of a trademark of your work!

Headed to your blog to see the others…

Was one of them chocolate sprinkles that you put on toast? :laughing:

1 Like

Wow, what a genius idea! Perfect way to celebrate the occasion, too. Very cool!

1 Like

Thank you, @TheMistressT, @AIMR, and @endymion !

AIMR, yes it was!
I eat them on two slices of bread for breakfast every morning.
You could call it an addiction.

3 Likes

I was sent some and found them interesting…sort of like our nutella for toast, I guess you have to grow up with it. Clever!

2 Likes

Congrats! :tada:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This is another one of my favorites (glass seed beads):

3 Likes

In the geocaching community we hold up signs with our milestone on it, usually next to the geocache. Maybe I should prepare something fun for my 4,000th find! More than likely I’ll hold up my phone with a number on it, such as this:

Lol, that was a few phones ago.
Oh weird… where is my 3k photo???

ETA… I never took a 3k photo, boooooo.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of geocaching!
Love the pictures!

1 Like

Backgrounds of soft knitted scarves:

3 Likes

How fun! What a cool idea and great execution!

1 Like

Natural materials and wood:

2 Likes

This is such a cool concept, and the pictures are great!

1 Like

Thanks, @endymion !