Beauty and the Beast backpack

I’ve made a few of these backpacks using Disney Thomas Kinkade panels.
Its fun trying to figure out what to highlight and where to put the characters.

12 Likes

I think you do such a lovely job of highlighting! Do you have a lot of waste trying to do this? I avoid a lot of fabrics because the fussy cutting would leave a lot of fabric waste. Do you use these in other parts that are not so visible?

Love that a person can carry a whole story in a bag!

2 Likes

What a fun way to spotlight certain parts of the fabric. That flap focal point is amazing. What a great bag. It looks like a really good size too.

1 Like

So cuuuuute!

1 Like

What a fun backpack! I like the interior of the flip panel, it’s like a little surprise picture waiting to be discovered. What type of material is this made out of?

1 Like

Thank you, its made from quilting cotton, but there is interfacing and purse foam to give it shape and stability

There is almost no waste, because I use the panel for the lining as well. And since the entire panel has images, (landscaping or clouds, etc) there is something everywhere. On this particular panel, there is Pinocchio on a bridge that ended up being a inside slip pocket.
It is a little harder trying to fussy cut shapes where the center focus needs to be taken into account. I usually draw out the piece with chalk first to make sure it looks right. But the flap is the only place it really matters

2 Likes

Wonderful! What a fabulous tip…using a chalk outline!

You captured the perfect images for the flaps!

1 Like

Super cute! Love how you frame up all the featured shots, just like a movie director would do.

1 Like

THIS! :point_up:

You really know how to use these fabrics to show the best with the most!

1 Like

Very dreamy and I love the heart turn lock!

2 Likes

Ooooh! It’s beautiful!!! Great job!

1 Like