Bee Collage Quilt 🐝

Obviously, you were meant to make this collage quilt! It’s amazing!

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning my friend. :honeybee: :yellow_heart: :honeybee:

2 Likes

Beautiful.

This technique is very similar to the scrappy appliqué I do, so I appreciate the amount of work that went into it.

In the course I took, Steam-a-Seam was not recommended because it’s one of the few fusible products that doesn’t handle a lot of moving around, that could be what caused the ripple.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone! It was such a fun project!

That’s interesting. It seemed like the Steam-a-Seam actually held up really well to being moved around multiple times. I should have asked the teacher if she has ever run into a similar problem with the ripple and if she had any idea what caused it.

When I saw your scrappy applique and some of the progress pics, it reminded me of this collage!

3 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes

It’s amazing!
You did an outstanding job.

2 Likes

Very cool! I love the optical illusion fabrics for the wings.

Thanks for sharing some of the process; I’ve been eying picture quilts again & this is a new technique I hadn’t seen before.

2 Likes

It’s really beautiful! SO many little details to delight your eye!

2 Likes

What kismet that the class turned out to be so perfect for you!

I absolutely love the background. The little pops of extra color where you placed them are so great! What an amazing keepsake.

2 Likes

This is soo beautiful!! Thank you for giving us a peek into the process and demystifying it a bit!!

2 Likes

Absolutely love this and I was captivated by the process!
It was destiny for you to make this! It is so cool.

2 Likes

:yellow_heart: :honeybee: :black_heart: Congratulations! Your stunningly bee-youtiful Bee Collage Quilt is a Featured Project this week! :black_heart: :honeybee: :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

this is amazing! so glad things lined up for you!

2 Likes

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your kind words! This collage was definitely meant to bee :laughing:.

1 Like

This is so gorgeous!

2 Likes

This is Bee-utiful! I love , love it.

3 Likes

Wow! It looks like it was really challenging to create! I’m not a quilter, so I’m a little biased… all quilting looks challenging!

2 Likes

Thank you and welcome to LettuceCraft (the best place on the internet :grin:)!

@irid3sc3nt, I think you’d be surprised at how much easier it is to create than it looks!

1 Like

Beautiful, a work of art. It’s just lovely.

1 Like