I made this piece for the 4x6 art swap.
I always love doing this swap, but then I struggle to think of a subject that is more universal and that I hope everyone will like. I decided to go with a bee this time.
I tried something new with the background and had it fade and then used the clear Copic marker to add the dots to it, kind of like pollen was floating in the air. I was happy with the results and will play with this technique some more. I normally do solid backgrounds.
I also added shimmer to the bees wings with Spica pen, and some white highlights with an Ultra Posca pen. I love how thin the ultras are!
After I finished it, I wanted it to be a little more substantial than just a piece of paper, so I got some unpainted cradle board on Amazon and mounted it. I was really pleased with how it turned out. I coated it all with matte Mod Podge and sealed that with a clear coat.
From the side.
Here is what my partner @pioneer9 's image. i forgot to get a good one, that’s why there are glares on shadows on mine.
Thanks for looking!